Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by Yeyooz

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just want to share I have had very little crashes since observing a few things. I did all the fixes under the sun and was still crashing very regularly, same as everyone else on drop very often or randomly any time else. I use AMD graphics so I am trying to help those people, I use an rx480 and freesync monitor. I can leave freesync on and I use fps_max 100 on launch options.

The things I observed was that the game doesn't launch the same every time, sometimes radeon overlay can detect the fps other times it cant. Sometimes its windowed sometimes its not. Sometimes, using the r5apex game profile in amd,, othertimes its using the global settings. Sometimes my monitor refresh stays at 144 on boot, other times it doesn't. Making sure my game is in the correct state, using game profile, I have not crashed at all, if I play when it didn't launch using the profile but global settings it crashes at some point.

As for the settings in the profile, its overriding settings for everything, override aa 2x adaptive multisampling, override af 2x, tesselation 2x, no morphological filtering etc, I don't know how much any of the settings just whether the software recognizes the game or not seems to behave differently. I have had a few evenings of 5+ hours of gameplay without crashing since observing and working with this.

More information, 3570k @4.3ghz; game mode off, everything running as admin, I actually went and put full screen optimizations back on doesn't seem to make any difference. In game settings vram 1 setting lower than max the rest low adaptive resoltuion target I put back on with no issues still.

Alt tabbing doesn't seem to matter either, most of the stuff for me I tweaked didn't matter I don't feel, observing the game inconsistent behaviour and playing when its one way rather than the other seems to work try sussing it out that way. Best of luck

TLDR; add the game profile manually r5apex.exe and make sure when you launch the game that it is using that profile not global, then tweak it all override / low / off. Reboot game until it does (launch game from shortcut to ensure running as admin it doesn't seem to run as admin if you launch with origin even if you have the .exe flagged with it)

Message 1201 of 1,756 (2,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just tried launching the game 5 times and it wouldn't recognize the profile so I disabled and re-enabled the profile and realised you can launch the game from the profiles in amd radeon settings so I launched it from there and it used the profiles settings and wattman (i overclock a tiny bit so I can see that its running that profile)

edit; forgete it It is only reading global settings at the moment, will update whether I crash or not as I didn't crash at all the last few nights maybe once if I remember incorrectly.

Message 1202 of 1,756 (1,879 Views)

Message 1203 of 1,756 (1,853 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yesterday I've played 10 15 games  I had 2 or 3 crash. Today every game crashing can't complete single one what kinda issue is having this game.

Same everything

i5 3570k @4.30

rx570 default

8gbram 

win 10

Before servers down, I had none crash than servers comeback crash is returned idk what is this. I Guess crash source servers

Message 1204 of 1,756 (1,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
  • Gonna try your settings out but play my first game and I haven't crashed so I'm having high hopes, will keep you updated =D
  • Edit: it didn't work for me Frown
Message 1205 of 1,756 (1,671 Views)

★ Guide
Well I just crashed on the 5th game, sigh.
Message 1206 of 1,756 (1,644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have 0 crashes since i found out how to change a server location. Changed server from Amsterdam to London and now game's running fine. No crashes at all.
So i suppose that's a network based error.

Message 1207 of 1,756 (1,557 Views)

★ Apprentice
for me the fix was limit fps to 45 with this command line "+fps_max 45"
i have a rx470, this is not a good solution but i have been playing for 3 days with 0 crashes at least (more than 50 games)
Message 1208 of 1,756 (1,521 Views)

★★★★ Novice

121 pages of complaints and still no word on a fix. This post needs to stay on the front page of the forum. So many new threads reporting the crash when they all could be here instead.

My specs

I5 6600k - tried stock and overclocked

Asus z170 pro gaming board

Hyper x 2666mhz 16gb ram - tried xmp / stock

Vega 56 pulse- tried oc and stock

Crucial 128gb ssd and tried on 1tb 7200 drive

Corsair rm1000x psu

Pretty much tried all the fixes listed and still get the same. Event viewer shows bad module info.

Message 1209 of 1,756 (1,297 Views)

★ Apprentice
how you change server ? thks
Message 1210 of 1,756 (1,239 Views)