Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by Versatility1738

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
Same. I noticed that playing solo i have RARELY crashed. Playing with 2 other buddies I crash probably at least once every 3-5 games. The majority of them are when there are 2-3 teams left.
Message 1141 of 1,756 (7,422 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same video card and also a 144hz monitor and without capping I crash 1/2 games but even capped at 100 fps I still crash 1 out of 3 games. It's unplayable. I got 40 hours into the game and about 200 crashes I think. Are there any other things you have tried to prevent it from crashing? Do you have the latest driver?

Message 1142 of 1,756 (7,405 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If any CM is reading this, you should definitely tell the devs to check the linkage of the game to origin. 

As it appears, a lot of people have freeze-disconnects because of their friends. 

I can agree on that. It definitely freezes more often when i get a notification through origin or i see a friend just 

coming online or getting a party invite sent. It also happens when I myself, join a party. In 3/5 cases one of the party

members gets freeze-disconnected and we do kind of believe that it is connected origin. 

We try to not invite each other at all since that leads to the most disconnects. We just hop into each others parties 

and see which one works.

Message 1143 of 1,756 (7,353 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here, still crashing randomly after latest patch.

PLEASE FIX

Message 1144 of 1,756 (7,339 Views)

★ Novice
After crashing every 10 mins or so I found a fix that worked for me and no crashes since then.

This fix is only for the crash without error thing.

-Start the game
-Open Task Manager Ctrl+Shift+Esc
-Go to Details and find EasyAntiCheat.exe and change priority to Low.

Repeat this process everytime you want to play.
Message 1145 of 1,756 (7,255 Views)

★★★ Novice

Dear Players and dear EA and Respawn Team,

Setup:

Asus Prime x470Pro AMD

Ryzen 7 2700x

MSI RTX 2080 Ventus 

16 gb RAM @ 2.66 mhz

Seagate Baracuda 2 TB SSD

Dual Monitor-Setup 144 hz and 60 hz

Since the release of this game I am experiencing crashes of different kinds:

Game crashes to desktop without error

game crashes to desktop with different errors.. bad module - device hung - hardware physically removed 

Game causes the Pc to bluescreen of death, forcing me to hard restart the pc.

Game causes PC to freeze and forcing me to hard restart it

After yesterdays update (19.02.2019) it happenend for the first time that my game froze (sound stopped completely) and after a few seconds it actually came back and I was able to continue playing. 

Sometimes I am not crashing for an hour or even two - sometimes I am crashing instantly after launching the game, sometimes midway through the game.. sometimes top 2 Squads - it seems to be totally random. 

tried all the troubleshooting suggestions and noticed that I could prolong my play time before crashing by:

playing in borderless windowed

cap at 100fps

Graphic Settings on Low - no gsync (please look at my setup again..I should not have to play the game on all low.. it hurts me deeply Tongue out)

running only Apex and literally nothing else at the same time.

All of this allows me to maybe play a few games without crashing .. maybe not.. I just cant figure out what triggers the crashes.

It's a shame that there were two patches since the release and neither one of them fixed anything... but well I guess All good things come in threes.

I am glad you could fix the crashes for our friends playing on console but as a pc player I have to say that I am feelingt left out. 

Best regards,

Avocato

Message 1146 of 1,756 (7,182 Views)

★★★ Novice

Setup:

Asus ROG Strix B450-F

Ryzen 7 2700

Gigabyte gtx1070ti 

18GB RAM @ 2.4 Mhz

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB

Dual Monitor-Setup 144 hz and 60 hz

Game crashes to desktop without error

game crashes to dxgi error device removed the video card has been removed error

game causes pc to freeze forcing me to restart it 

I tried all the solution such as rolling back  drivers ,repairing the game ,reinstalling.

Message 1147 of 1,756 (6,873 Views)

★★★ Novice

the only workaround thats helps ME, is to delete the Origins folders in Appdata Roaming and Local.

Everytime I do this, a can play the whole day long.

I recommend to delete these 2 folders everytime if you want to play Apex Legends or when a Update comes out.

Message 1148 of 1,756 (6,872 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And where do i find these folders?

Message 1149 of 1,756 (6,944 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Rekuja wrote:

Checked Event Viewer of the exact time of my crash.

File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheatSys' (Version 6.1, ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎24T22:26:48.000000000Z) unloaded successfully.

looks like EasyAntiCheat is causing issues.

this is almost certainly just EAC unloading after the game crashes, EAC is probably fine

I am still crashing silently to desktop too, with no errors or issues in event viewer

Message 1150 of 1,756 (6,396 Views)