Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by axiR9

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@vibinm wrote:

112 pages of reports and EA sits there doing nothing while we here wanting to play an actual "good" game from EA but they dont care. This shows that EA really never cared about the community. They just want the mula

Not EA's fault this is on Respawn. EA just publishes the game, Respawn is the one who patches and fixes it. That being said they're too busy adding in new weapons tomorrow to care about your crashing. Maybe they'll get around to next week instead? unless they want to add in some new twitch prime skins instead of course.  

Message 1121 of 1,756 (2,009 Views)

Re: Apex Legend Sound Distorted and Delayed

★★ Guide
I get the same audio distortion madness in gunfights on ps4.
Was better before the latest update patch.
Really unplayable right now. Very disorienting in fights. Usually happens when there is a lot going on.
Message 1122 of 1,756 (1,085 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Still having issues. I really wish I knew why it keeps doing this. Nothing I do to fix it seems to matter at all. More often than not it seems to happen during the initial match drop. 

I don't know if this is a thing, but it just occurred to me that I was the drop master both times when the game crashed on me today. I hope that helps.

Message 1123 of 1,756 (1,955 Views)

★★★ Novice

So, a fix that legit worked for me, 144hz monitor RX 480, I capped my fps in command line, +fps_max 110. This fixed the crashing for me, every few games I upped it, eventually ending at 135, crash free after probably 20+ hours of gameplay. BUT, if I uncap fps at +fps_max 0, crashes resume.

I stumbled upon this fix just trying to get better frames in-game, and started with following this https://www.reddit.com/r/lowspecgamer/comments/aothco/how_to_unlock_framerate_on_apex_legends_works/

This enabled adaptive resolution, and fixed my crashes WITH +fps_max 0 (unlimited / uncapped frame rate). After ~5-10 hours of gameplay the adaptive resolution got kinda harsh on my eyes, which is when I played around with settings more, and found that just capping fps alone worked for me, so.

2 potential fixes

1) If you are 144hz, try capping FPS with +fps_max at around 100, if that solves the crashes, you can increase incrementally up to your hz, 144. For 60hz I would try capping at 45ish, and increase up to 60 if it works.

2) Try the link I posted above that changes your video config file to enable adaptive resolution, try adaptive resolution out with uncapped or capped FPS and see if either work.

I also was running most in-game video settings at low except for 2gb texture allotment and ansiotropic texture whatever.

Just remember with the video config file change if you try that, set the file properties to read only after, otherwise even glancing at the video settings in-game will re-write the file to those settings, negating the fix you are attempting.

Message 1124 of 1,756 (1,912 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's been roughly a week since I have visited this thread. I was curious if this issue ever got resolved.

I see my choice of uninstalling the game a few days ago was the appropriate action. GD does that sting. I really enjoyed this one. But I can't see myself capping at 60 FPS introducing screen tearing / input lag into my gameplay.

It's not THAT enjoyable of a title that I can forgive those things. 

Message 1125 of 1,756 (1,824 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I still have the crashing problem, some news about the gm or mod of some definitive solution?
I do the same I see the thread for some solution by EA but still nothing
Message 1126 of 1,756 (1,778 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

cap your fps to 100 , worked for me

Message 1127 of 1,756 (1,719 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was having the bad_module crash and tried everything the developers suggested.

What solved the issue for me was excluding the game from the Windows Defender, both private and public networks.

i5 3470

RX 570 8gb

8gb kingston

Message 1128 of 1,756 (1,668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I believe I have identified the cause of the crash for me. 

• If I alt-tab at any point during the game, even if I'm not in a match, it seems that at some point the game will crash
  • The game also seems to crash if I use the volume up or down hotkey, causing the windows volume OSD to appear.

Still testing  but so far if I do not repeat the above two conditions, the game does not crash. I will report back if that changes. 

Message 1129 of 1,756 (2,823 Views)

★★★ Novice

"So, a fix that legit worked for me, 144hz monitor RX 480, I capped my fps in command line, +fps_max 110. This fixed the crashing for me, every few games I upped it, eventually ending at 135, crash free after probably 20+ hours of gameplay. BUT, if I uncap fps at +fps_max 0, crashes resume."

This worked for me too. After the patch, I crashed 3 times in a row after launching from the ship. After capping my fps at 110, I was able to play 3 games without crashing

Message 1130 of 1,756 (3,201 Views)