Original Post

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same thing happening here.

CPU: i5 6600k 

GPU: AMD Radeon Sapphire nitro R9 Fury

RAM : 16 GB

also note I've tried LITERALLY ever fix people have recommended... still crashes.

EDIT: my game also seems to be using %100 of my GPU no matter the graphics settings, but it doesn't effect frame rate for some reason... ?

Message 991 of 1,756 (2,034 Views)

Re: Apex Legends crashing and closing randomly mid game

★★★ Newbie

i5 1080ti windows 10, crashes for last few days: 3-4. I even lowered all settings and still crashes

Message 992 of 1,756 (1,572 Views)

★ Apprentice

disable 2 cores for fx-6xxx series didn't work for me

Message 993 of 1,756 (2,023 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is what is causing the bad-Module_info crash

• "Bad_Module_Info is a part of the Windows Error Reporting process. It's failure is on Windows 10. Particularly more accurate that it is a part of the Creators update and mean to help with using GPU intensive tasks in an optimized way. This is not to say it doesn't have short comings. The reason it's happening is due to a few things:

• First x86 or 32 bit and 64 bit rendering is different. DX11 doesn't quite get this right sometimes and hence will fault/error. Usually in a non intrusive way: ie Check your error log for application information with bad_module_info.

• Second: Windows Error reporting takes all errors and commits them to memory and compiles the dump of the errors. Since this fault lies with the application and rendering process(The Engine/GPU/Memory). The dump isn't able to compile all the commits. The information faults/errors are coming from Memory. The Red errors are coming from gpu driver dumps.

• So why does all this matter. Basically... Windows Error Reporting is having issues with Origin running 64 overlaying to the windows desktop with it's friends and invites etc. When that graphically causes a fault... which it is known to do. The GPU compensates and Windows attempts to render committing to memory an action. This results in a bad_module_info dump to the Error reporting service. Since the service handles that it takes it and reads that most info it needs is null and pretends like it's an Information result. However, this little tick of time that it takes to prioritize and figure that all out is enough for the Reporting service to forget 32/64 bit error handling and causes the memory commit to fail. Causing a full crash. Thus you have the weird world of Bad_Module_Info"

• "Also the behavior seems to be that you will see a few bad_module_info's around the time friends and stuff come online or offline etc. But won't always commit a failure to the application. This crash is happening after you start a game when the most graphical renders are happening to the system. Thus the error reporting is getting stuffed like a turkey on thanksgiving causing it to break. Some slower systems will have issues later in the game and cause a crash. When the server is doing cleanup on the outiside of the circle and de-rendering things that can crash too"

• "Windows 7 received a similar update to creators and I don't know the specifics of that. I was going to revert to 1703 but due to development needs I have to be on current. Best answer is I can't answer that question specifically. This took about 6 custom programs to track down. My best advice to respawn is just to detect windows version and change the way renders are committed. It's a Source engine game and it should be able to slow it down a bit or consolidate then clear it's commits to memory before the game starts requiring on demand renders causing the crash"

CREDIT FOR THE ABOVE GOES TO: TheLumination. on the official Apex Legends support discord by TheLumination.

Message 994 of 1,756 (656 Views)

★★ Apprentice
what a worthless video. cant believe you wasted time just make a video when you couldve said "Create a new windows profile." Lmao.
Message 995 of 1,756 (1,564 Views)

★ Apprentice

So far nothing works, doesn't matter what you do. Games broken guys till Respawn can fix their *. Hopefully that doesn't take too long but knows at this point. They barely acknowledge the damn issue.

Message 996 of 1,756 (2,010 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I seem to have fixed the crashes for myself. I found that even at min settings i was maxing out at around 68-75 fps. I limited my fps thru origin originally to 60 and still got crashes, however not as often. Today I set that max fps to 45, and havent had a single crash since. Played 10 games in a row, which it hadnt done since launch day.

Message 997 of 1,756 (1,569 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i5 2500k

rx 480

more crash dropping and opening a crate

interact/pickup bound to f

Message 998 of 1,756 (1,987 Views)

★★★★ Novice
i forgot

nvidia 1070 gpu

w3550 xeon cpu

16gig of RAM

its not just amd or i5 etc...
random crash to desktop no error
Message 999 of 1,756 (2,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've been having crashes ever since the game launched, and quite frankly I'm tired of wrestling with it. I have tried fix upon fix upon fix, and nothing I try has any sort of lasting impact. Fix your dang game, Respawn. It's a brilliant game, you guys did a tremendous job on it, but that rings hollow if nobody can frikkin' play it.

EDIT: Also, holy crap. We're almost up to 1000 posts already. Why the heck hasn't this been handled before now?

Message 1000 of 1,756 (2,150 Views)