Re: Apex Legends Random Close/Crash

by KoreWaPantsu

Original Post

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I7-9700k @ 5,1Ghz, 1080ti OC'd (rolled back drivers), 16gb @ 3200mhz, 144hz 1440p monitor, default game settings (windowed full screen), Win10 (latest drivers) and with ASUS GPU Tweak II and Discord on. Tried almost everything I found from this topic and nothing worked. Thumbs up to EA support. With their help I finally haven't crashed in 3 days (played 20+ games). Haven't tested updating Nvidia drivers, most likely wont be bothered while the game works.

I suggest to contact EA support.

Message 861 of 1,756 (2,073 Views)

★★ Novice
go to origin->game library->right click on apex ->Game properties->advanced->and put in Command line arguments: +fps_max 100
Message 862 of 1,756 (1,902 Views)

Community Manager

If you have not already done so, checking out our Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide is strongly advised.

We have collected a number of troubleshooting steps there that have been reported by the Community as helping to prevent crashes.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 863 of 1,756 (1,825 Views)

Hi,

I just want to share my honest opinion on this; please don't go too extreme with your troubleshooting for this issue. In most cases it's the game (not fully/perfectly optimized yet), not your system.

Few things that helped me against stability issues (crashes) were:

- Nothing unnecessary is running in the background.

- Close (completely) any tweaking software such as ASUS GPU Tweak II, MSI afterburner etc.

- Play the game in windowed (not borderless, not full screen).

- Lower the video memory setting in the video settings of the game at least one step below the maximum of your card.

However, for me the issue is gone now. In my case it came from ASUS GPU Tweak II software, I had to make absolutely sure the program was not active. Now I don't have any crashes anymore. I play in full screen again and max. memory 8G.

With the latest Nvidia drivers installed.

This is something I have seen before with other titles such as PUBG, right after release they seem to have difficulties with tweaking software like Asus GPU Tweak, MSI afterburner etc.

After a few months the game gets better optimized and for some reason handles tweaking software better, I don't know enough about software development to explain why this happens, but from experience I can say this stuff happens with newly released games.

Just wanted to share these experiences, maybe it will be helpful to someone out here.

Further video settings (competitive):

TSAA
Insane 8GB VRAM
Anisotropic 4X
Disabled
Low
Low
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
High
Low
Low
Low

My system:

Intel Core i5-9600K - OC all 6 cores to 4.8Ghz
Asus ROG STRIX GTX1080 8G
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 SSD
G.Skill Aegis F4 3000 16GB - OC to 3200

Message 864 of 1,756 (1,822 Views)

★ Novice

same problem 

intel g4560

8gb ram

gtx 1050

Message 865 of 1,756 (1,698 Views)

★ Apprentice
No idea what is that amd chill .. tried to google it but they offer chill feature for ryzen processors
Message 866 of 1,756 (1,890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tried everything for days, nothing worked BUT THIS (for me at least):

i5 6400, RX580, 8GB RAM, Windows 10. I think the problem is related to some fps stuff. Maybe (just maybe) the game tries to communicate with the GPU but something goes wrong, the game freeze and then shut itself. So, to avoid this problem, I did this.

IN WINDOWS: Update your drivers;
IN ORIGIN: Adding the +fps_max 90 for command line argument  (click on GEAR >  Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options);

IN GAME: Enable adaptive resolution and FPS target to 90, disable V-sync.

No chill, no fps target from GPU.

Game automatically turns down the resolution to get to 90 fps fixed. It looks a little blurry sometimes but IT'S NOT CRASHING ANYMORE. I played 5 hours in a row without problem, then tried to lower fps target to 80. Game crashed. Seems that 90 is my answer.

I repeat: IT WORKED FOR ME, it's not the ultimate solution (probably) but I hope it'll work for some of you too.

Message 867 of 1,756 (2,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@KoreWaPantsu 

I have the same PC as you, I will try what you say and I warn you if the game freezes again or I find an alternative solution.

i5 6400 
Rx 580 

8 Gb RAM 

Update: After 4 hours playing the game has worked correctly.
I blocked 60FPS and it worked for me.

Message 868 of 1,756 (2,745 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After update 14 february i can`t finish single game. 8 game crashed to desktop in a row. Need some hotfix.

Message 869 of 1,756 (2,727 Views)

★★ Guide

@Noppliz wrote:

Its not a good fix, its not something most want to do, but its the only thing that works sofar.

Ofc there are more cards that work like 1060 and 1070, i cant confirm that tho.

Fact is that most AMD cards dont work, trying to make it work is just a waste of time as of now, unless they fix the game.

Advising somebody to buy a new card and saying that AMD cards "don't work for a fact" is ridiculous and ignorant...

I have two buddies and we play since day one together, they both have rx 580 cards, one of them had 0 crashes and the other one tried literally everything and he is crashing every other game, now it got better after the patch, but he is still experiencing crashes.

I have an 1070ti and I experienced the same stuff as the second friend, after the patch I run all my overclocks, overlays, etc and I had one crash in 8 hours. It's more then obvious that it has nothing to do with the GPU or the manufacturer but with their own game optimisation...

Message 870 of 1,756 (2,819 Views)