Re: Apex legends crashing without error

★ Apprentice
Hi Noppliz.
Amd fx 6300 vishera cpu
Nvidia 1050 ti graphic card
12 gb ram

crashing really hard with most fixes applied and removed em aswell
since game launch...

sometimes i play 5 games in row .. sometimes i crash 3 times in row like in one minute... makes no sense..
Message 851 of 1,756 (1,307 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeah i tested everything aswell with my setup, couldnt make it work.

Then i swapped out my AMD products and game is now working flawlessly, i had some spareparts.

Its a shame they didnt fix it in the patch.
Message 852 of 1,756 (1,303 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@V3ndeLL wrote:
Hi Noppliz.
Amd fx 6300 vishera cpu
Nvidia 1050 ti graphic card
12 gb ram

crashing really hard with most fixes applied and removed em aswell
since game launch...

sometimes i play 5 games in row .. sometimes i crash 3 times in row like in one minute... makes no sense..

Try to cap your fps to 60 and enabling amd chill between 50-60

Message 853 of 1,756 (1,294 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I used FRTC to set max fps to 60 and I didn't crash for 2 whole days since. As soon as I installed ReLive I started getting crashes every hour. All my friends with Nvidia GPUs have never crashed at all in this game. I think the people with Nvidia GPUs that are crashing are having varying individual software conflicts that are unique to each user instead of one universal problem unlike AMD GPUs which seem like the majority are having problems.

Message 854 of 1,756 (1,286 Views)

★ Guide

I can barely even play this game. How hard is it to include a crash report, seriously? FIX YOUR GAME, PLEASE. I'm crashing like 8/10 games at least, for no reason. Beast of a computer, I can run other AAA games at highest settings 100+ fps, for days, but I crash every 30 minutes in this? It's not hardware. I've shut everything down, disabled every audio device, reinstalled all my drivers, wiped old drivers, changed all my video settings half a dozen times, disabled everything in this dumb game, stopped all services. Literally everything a person can do, and I still crash just as much as before?!?!?!

Include a debug log or something for a select few to get some information. It shouldn't be this hard to make your game not crash every twenty minutes. I'm lucky if I can even play 2/3 of a match before I crash!

Message 855 of 1,756 (1,264 Views)

★ Apprentice

the day of the patch i had no problems with crashes so yesterday i tried reverting some of the "fixes" to get some better visual quality.

the fixes i had applied are:

- disabled fullscreen optimization

- win 8 compatibility mode

- game limited to 60 fps with origin launcher command

- general low ingame setting

firs thing i reverted was the 60fps limit, since i got 144hz freesync monitor

game crashed immediately after jumping out of the dropship.

strange ist that the crash didnt show up in Windows event logs, all crashes before the patch showed up in the event log.

then i put the 60fps limit back in  ->6 hours of gaming without a crash.

i will try the new amd drivers today to see if they make any difference.

Message 856 of 1,756 (1,263 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey, a lot of people are talking about AMD being the problem. But how come my 2 friends who have a vega56&64 never crash. I do with my rx580 8gb.

Yeah, also tried all things mentioned in the thread. Would love to hear some steps to help the Devs solve the problem.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Specs: i5 3570

8GB ram

AMD RX580 8gb

Crucial MX500 SSD

Win 10 1803

-Darkfroggie

Message 857 of 1,756 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I just DDU'd and reinstalled AMD drivers to remove ReLive as using AMD's clean install didn't remove ReLive (I crashed after the first reinstall with AMD clean with Relive still installed) and I still crashed BUT I forgot to put my FRTC back to 60 and disable AMD overlay and I haven't crashed since. Something about the GPU being stressed or resources being used is causing the crashes.

Specs: i5 4690k

16GB RAM

R9 390 8GB

M.2 500 GB

Win 10 Latest update

Edit 19.2.2 crashed with FRTC

I'm rolling back to 19.2.1 which is that driver that I didn't crash for 2 days with.

Edit: Ok today I'm constantly crashing for some reason with 19.2.1. One thing to note is that the game reverts to windowed mode on startup when I crash when it was set to fullscreen.

Message 858 of 1,756 (1,592 Views)

★★ Novice

So guys my specs 

I5- 9600k - overclocked at 5ghz

16GB RAM - also overclocked

EVGA GTX 1080ti - not overclocked

My game used to crash every single game... so I started doing everything that anyone ever suggested and nothing seemed to work, I tried removing the overclock- no result; I tried overclocking it more- again no result. 

What I eventually did was remove the newest Nvidia drivers completely from control panel, then proceeded to download 417.81 drivers and made a custom CLEAN installation. After that I DID NOT tweak anything in the nvidia control panel (previously I would remove vsync and made power management mode on optimal performance - NOT THIS TIME) I simply left it on defualt.

From geforce experience I forbid automatically optimising new games, I removed the nvidia in game overlay. I removed discord in game overlay and removed origin in game overlay. Basically I denied access of any program to the game. I also installed ORIGIN and the game itself on my SSD and not the hard drive. In game i made the game run in full screen windowed mode with in game v-sync on adaptive.. since then its been 3 days with no bugs. Since I don't have the in game overplay up i don't know the fps I'm running but the game runs smooth as hell. I hope someone finds this information helpful. I will attach a file just to see what games Im having since my fix 

Message 859 of 1,756 (1,544 Views)

★★ Novice

So guys my specs 

I5- 9600k - overclocked at 5ghz

16GB RAM - also overclocked

EVGA GTX 1080ti - not overclocked

My game used to crash every single game... so I started doing everything that anyone ever suggested and nothing seemed to work, I tried removing the overclock- no result; I tried overclocking it more- again no result. 

What I eventually did was remove the newest Nvidia drivers completely from control panel, then proceeded to download 417.81 drivers and made a custom CLEAN installation. After that I DID NOT tweak anything in the nvidia control panel (previously I would remove vsync and made power management mode on optimal performance - NOT THIS TIME) I simply left it on defualt.

From geforce experience I forbid automatically optimising new games, I removed the nvidia in game overlay. I removed discord in game overlay and removed origin in game overlay. Basically I denied access of any program to the game. I also installed ORIGIN and the game itself on my SSD and not the hard drive. In game i made the game run in full screen windowed mode with in game v-sync on adaptive.. since then its been 3 days with no bugs. Since I don't have the in game overplay up i don't know the fps I'm running but the game runs smooth as hell. I hope someone finds this information helpful. I will attach a file just to see what games Im having since my fix 

Message 860 of 1,756 (1,963 Views)