Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by Zaboof

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

According to a dev on Reddit, they are aware this is a thing but can't track down the cause. Hence why it hasn't been patched yet. And if the fixes aren't working you'll just have to wait.

Maybe if EA here was actually COMMUNICATING and GIVING THEM ALL THIS INFO WE'RE GIVING THEM.

Incompetence seems to be entirely EA's here.

Message 801 of 1,756 (1,732 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I´m having the same issue with i5 6600k and vega 56, 16gb ram. Tried a lot of the proposed solutions, all with the same results, crash at detaching from plane. In despair I opened the training and it was going to freeze, sent me to desktop like silent crash, but  game was just minimized, reopen from taskbar, few shots around and tried to play the game, untill of course I died Large smile but no crashes! Going to try now the same secuence with gpu overclock..

Message 802 of 1,756 (1,500 Views)

Community Manager

@OVKatz 

This information has and is indeed being forwarded to them. We'll do our best to communicate with the community on it's progress as soon as we hear more updates from the Respawn team.

Blueberry.png
Message 803 of 1,756 (1,479 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

★★ Apprentice

how you do?

Message 804 of 1,756 (1,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

I followed some advice from the others on this thread and it seems to have stabilized the game.  Before making these changes, I was getting the "0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x000000. the memory could not be written" error every match, or every other match (it was made more frequent by the latest patch).  

The steps I followed were:

- Upgraded to the latest "optional" Radeon drivers (19.2.2)

- Disabling in-game overlay

- Adding the +fps_max 90 for command line argument  (click on GEAR -->  Game Properties --> Advanced Launch Options

- Reduced the FOV from 104 to 102

My game settings are medium to low, with 3gb of VRAM dedicated.

My specs: 

Windows 7

i5-3570k 3.4ghz

16GB DDR3 ram

RX 570 8GB

Since making the changes, I've been able to play a few rounds without a crash, so I hope the situation has been resolved until the game can be patched.

If anyone else tries these steps, I hope they resolve the issue for them.

I love APEX Legends.

Cheers,

-Mike

Message 805 of 1,756 (1,986 Views)

★ Apprentice
Game unplayable. Broken.
Crashes EVERY SINGLE SESSION
Message 806 of 1,756 (1,998 Views)

★★ Novice

Three matches no crashes, radeon overlay and o.c. applied, start training, WAIT FOR SOFT CRASH (very important) back to lobby and start normal game.

Message 807 of 1,756 (1,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm giving up already, I've tried everything and nothing has changed.
I've been trying since launch day. (sorry for bad english)

Message 808 of 1,756 (1,825 Views)

★★ Novice

Last night had 1 crash in 4 hours, today i'm crashing every single game in the first 10 minutes ...

Message 809 of 1,756 (1,824 Views)

★★★ Novice

I7 8700k, rtx 2080, 16 gb ram.. crashes without error codes. Only option is to close app. Tried with OC’s / without OC’s. Random ap overlays on/off. Turning down used vram in settings., and repairing file. I get one complete game out of like 5 tries. Usually crashes on first 3 min of dropping.  

Message 810 of 1,756 (1,757 Views)