Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by TheHamVan043

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I think i found a fix, kinda.

I don't know where i sawbut some guy posted here a of the visual c++ he had they were

2010 x86/64 - 10.0.40219

2012 x86/64 - 11.0.61030

2013 x86/64 - 12.0.40660

2017 x86/64 - 14.16.27024

Both x86/64 needs to be on the same version, i don't know if the game uses these exact same versions but the ones that you get from the repair option doesn't seem to work for me, also it doesn't install the 2017.

Next thing that i did was removing every overlay, geforce experience, and origins, these are the only ones that i have and using adaptive vsync, changing fullscreen to borderless and changing the vram to 4gb in the game.

Another thing that i did was opening msconfig (type run on the start menu) and on the services tab, check the "Hide all Microsoft services" then uncheck the stuff that you don't need, i have autodesk and photoshop on my pc so i unchecked the services of these programs, also BattlEye Service (which is from fortnite which idk why i still have it), Nvidia Display Container LS and Telemetry Container, Origin Web helper, Teamviewer and if you have a VPN uncheck its services too. Idk if this is necessary i just found a video from LowSpecGamer showing how to get the most out of Windows 10.

After all this, i played like 5 matches, two of which took more than 20 minutes, and one time i died and when i was spectating one of my teammates i could only see the weapon and on the background it was all blurry like when you win solitary or when windows 98 freezes ,this didn't happen with the other teammate.

On the last game we were one of the few squads alive, round 4 was about to begin but suddenly my game crashed again. I think it crashed because i mistakenly opened the start menu, i got back to the game and after a second it crashed.

EDIT: Oh and another thing that i did was using maximum performance on the 3d settings on the nvidia control panel, i found this on the troubleshooting guide.

And my setup is i5 6600k, gtx 1080, 16gb ram@1066Mhz

Message 791 of 1,756 (1,545 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Settings are on lowest. How do I diable origin in-game overlay?
Message 792 of 1,756 (1,521 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Right click the game on origin and uncheck the Enable Origin In Game for Apex Legends™.
Message 793 of 1,756 (1,505 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I turned down the VRAM a bit and now it's fine, not crashing anymore.

Message 794 of 1,756 (1,496 Views)

★ Novice

I found a fairly consistent action ive been taking - zoomed in with a sniper scope and crouching. Unscoping while crouching causes a silent crash... sometimes. 

Message 795 of 1,756 (2,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 796 of 1,756 (2,152 Views)

★★★ Novice

After 2 weeks from releasing and recently 870 MB update, still crashing in each match. I changed all of the settings and tested every possible way; makes no sense. I don't know WTF is this company doing? Can't fix the problem???!

Message 797 of 1,756 (1,927 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same here, im tired.

Message 798 of 1,756 (1,817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i downloaded latest amd drivers and also windows had an update, i played at 2am for like and hour without any crash, could it be the internet in my town wasnt so busy so it means no packet loss or fluctuations? when i woke up i went to play with my friends and it started crashing everygame sometimes before landing sometimes in 2nd half of the match

Message 799 of 1,756 (1,701 Views)

★★ Novice

Today I woke up started the game and it worked just fine  but later I had a crash and since then I can't start the game again .... 

Message 800 of 1,756 (1,642 Views)