Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by AngryEv1l

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

★ Apprentice

Ok here's what happened to me,

tried every fix possible on this website, nothing works basicaly, then tried vpn to romania (i'm from serbia) worked without a single freeze in 6 games, then decided to hop on with a friend, i get in his party (he's party leader) right away started freezing my screen, then we switched to me being party leader, no problems at all for 4,5 games. Conclusion: i have no idea what's wrong...

Message 731 of 1,756 (4,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I never had any crashing issues but after the update that launched this day, I have crashed 3 times. My game just closes no error popup or anything really frustrating

Message 732 of 1,756 (4,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so what happened to me is that the game was running fine all untill the new update (bug fix) ever since that it started crashing all the time i cant play a game at all i get the same problem as everyone else when im 10min in to the game it just crashes and it anoyes the hell out of me and it cant be an issue with my pc concidering its a 2000 dollar pc and i have friends with far worse and way better pcs who gets the same problem

Message 733 of 1,756 (3,449 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Just so you people know - there's no solution to this. Everybody who thinks something worked for them didn't find a "solution" what they did find is a workaround to some kind of stability bug in game. Solution here would be patch from a dev team, which to their credit is working on finding what the deal with this crashes. So I guess it would be helpful to them if people attach their DxDiags ( https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/ ) and describe exactly how and when games crashing etc...
Message 734 of 1,756 (3,676 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 735 of 1,756 (3,642 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So I moved all the game files inside the apex folder to a new folder?

Message 736 of 1,756 (3,623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok im giving my 2cents into the mix.

read the whole thread and was really mad about those crashes. i nearly tested everything with no success...

i told myself i only going to post a workaround if it helped me for more then 2 days.

so here i am.

my workaround:

1. turned off vsync completely.

2. disabled fullscreen optimization.

3. turned down some video settings. 1080p and 4gb VRAM.

4. capped the game via origin to 60fps.

5. included a PageFile on my SSD.

So, my game crashed a lot like yours guys. i was sad i couldnt play the game without crashing 3/5 of all games.

I made those changes above and i played 2 days straight. many rounds, i didnt count, but it was a lot. only 1 crash.

btw, point 5: my main drive is a HDD with windows on it. all games are installed on a SSD. i was reading into some crazy shady "solutions" after some times, and i tried it. but im not sure point 5 is needed.

my specs:

CPU: i5 3570

GPU: rx580 8GB

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Windows 10 (1809)

Message 737 of 1,756 (3,795 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE AS OF 2/13!!!

stability issues fixed *

slow Hardrive issue causing timeout fixed*

blah blah blah 

lets see if it actually fixed anything!

Message 738 of 1,756 (3,362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i5 processor, r9 290x card. Crashing randomly without error message.

Message 739 of 1,756 (3,720 Views)

★★★ Novice

No luck with me, in fact, my game was running fine before and now I can't get into a single game without Apex crashing. 

Message 740 of 1,756 (3,587 Views)