Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by shadzbr

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

★★★★ Novice

I've disabled the 5th and 6th cores but still getting the error, less frequently tho

Message 661 of 1,756 (22,744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Could be luck, but when i put -vulkan on launch options of the Origin like in dota 2, the game never crashed playing in one hour here using a FX6300 with 6 cores. If it didn't work, try -dx9, -dx12 , -gl . GL = OpenGL. It was the only thing i saw that nobody tried here, lol.

Message 662 of 1,756 (23,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Could be luck, but when i put -vulkan on launch options of the Origin like in dota 2, the game never crashed playing in one hour here using a FX6300 with 6 cores. If it didn't work, try -dx9, -dx12 , -gl . GL = OpenGL. It was the only thing i saw that nobody tried here, lol.

Message 663 of 1,756 (23,129 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And this ladies and Gentleman, is why I am gonna wait a month or 2 for EA to get this * straight. They should be aware of these issues and have fixed them by now, but its still giving millions of people issues. I love the game, but it lacks the developers getting these issues fixed before the game is released (this happened the same way back when Titanfall 2 started and they have yet to make a future solution for things like this

Message 664 of 1,756 (23,245 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, it solved my problem.

Turning apex from fullscreen to window view made, that the game still freeze sometimes, but I dont have to restart my computer and start new game.

It looks like when the game lose connection its freezing. After this change it normally let me play after 5 sec freeze. 

There is no option to reconnect or any information, that your ping is high so maybe this is the problem.

Ty again, maybe next patch will solve it Wink 

Message 665 of 1,756 (23,186 Views)

★ Novice

Yep, just luck. Vulkan API is not available for this game.

Message 666 of 1,756 (22,979 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Rx580 8gb MSI

i5-3570k

z77 extreme 4 

16gb ripjaw

MY FIX!!! 

Have not been able to play for 4 days straight, I grinded level 50 with 50hrs of gameplay before freezing and getting shot to the desktop everyyyyy single game. 

I tried every fix imaginable and went through 50+ forum pages. I was legit heartbroken that this game wasn’t working.

i don’t know that the ingame settings have anything to do with the fix but possibly. So I turned every option to either disabled or low, 2gb of VRAM. Can’t even tell the difference from when I played on insane 8gb with other things on medium. 

The TRUE FIX came from my overriding the in game settings through Global Radeon settings. 

Settings are:

Anti-aliasing: override application settings-2x

multisampling method

Morphological:off

Anisotropic filtering mode: override application settings-2x

Texture filtering: performance 

Surface format optimization:ON

Vertical refresh: off unless application specifies

Tesselation mode: Override application- max(2x)

Workload:graphics

Chill off

FRTC: off

I use freesync+enhanced sync

I saw the change come when I over rode the in game settings! All else is simply a variable and I do not think it has an impact but I have put it there anyways to try and help anyone out. Please post any questions as I do not want anyone else to continue going through with the hours of suffering that I did!

-TheQscope 

Message 667 of 1,756 (23,076 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also want to add I turned off all possible notifications from in origin as well as discord and this is an unknown variable that I had done and still received crashing. Includes origin -in game, no update notification no friend requests. nothing 

Also in Borderless windowed mode. 

-I’m trying to add as many variables to weed out to help you guys. 

Message 668 of 1,756 (23,069 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Been playing for 6+ hours. No crash
Message 669 of 1,756 (23,063 Views)

★ Apprentice

after a lot more trying  this helped but didnt fix it: good 8 hours of gaming and only 1 random crash without error:

- limited game to 60 fps with launcher command

i made a point of doing this:

- i was always lobby leader and invite the other 1 or 2 players to my game

- i played with 2 randoms

still no idea what causes this but compared to other days of playing when i crashed every few games this was a good run. 

so if you play with friends try it and report back

i5-4460

rx390

16GB ram

Message 670 of 1,756 (19,978 Views)