Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

by hryanhO2

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Random Close/Crash

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue. Tried all the fixes out there,and nothing has worked... 

Message 581 of 1,756 (2,193 Views)

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

★★★ Novice

Hey, I'm having that problem to. The game would start and mid game it will just timed out from the game.

I7 3770

RX580 4GB

Hope u guys fix it soon

Message 582 of 1,756 (1,696 Views)

★★★ Novice

Freezes then loses connection to server, same complain as the others. No other games lose connection. I have tried all of the fixes suggested in other posts and its apparently not my hardware or connection. Fix server issues pl0x.

Message 583 of 1,756 (1,447 Views)

★★ Novice
works for me, got at least 10 big games today
Message 584 of 1,756 (1,409 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Any update, @EA_Atic?

Message 585 of 1,756 (1,362 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

R1meh what works? Fix or did ur game just work? Also ye I think ea at least gonna take a month to fix

Message 586 of 1,756 (1,350 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

★★ Novice
I change my games resolution a couple different times and one of them has lasted longer than usual but no it doesn't work for me.
Message 587 of 1,756 (2,063 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think This issue is reletaded whith the hardrive. Every time the game crashes, the HD usage is in 100%. My hd is in ide mode, because if I choose achi mode on bios settings, I get a blue screen when windows boots up. If someone could verify if your harddrives are in ide mode and change to ahci, that might could be a fix. Sorry for my bad English.

Message 588 of 1,756 (1,223 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 589 of 1,756 (1,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This would have nothing to do with the crashing.

If your HD were to crash due to max usage you would not only receive a warning of resources being low - but your pc would default to close everything.

Changing ACHI / IDE is just changing how things are stored / loaded on your machine.

Once again, ill-advised information and please do not try this. If you you are blue screening on boot - change the settings back. If you are still receiving a blue screen reload your bios's optimized defaults.

Guys you're all taking shots in the dark with no reasoning. I advise anyone going forward, once again, with trying any of these random suggestions to be cautious and research what you're doing. 

When you mess with ACHI/IDE you're also messing with the way your partitions load on your device. 

If you guys are seeing 100% CPU usage there are two things going on:

#1. You're experiencing throttling - whether that be heat related or voltage related.

#2. There is a leak within the client - which you cannot fix regardless of what you do. EA / Apex would need to fix this.

Changing task priority etc is just going to have a snowball effect that could end up in a corrupted registry etc.

Message 590 of 1,756 (1,373 Views)