Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by SHNI3F

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@ThursdayLE wrote:
Error or no error. There is something wrong with this game.

This should be the answer.

I am sorry but the experimenting most of you are doing I understand are things you are able to handle the potential repercussions / revert any changes. However some of the things flying around as "fixes" shouldn't be mentioned and really need to be controlled. Letting this go on and random maybe not so educated individuals just messing with their CPU configurations is reckless and could end up in someones machine getting damaged if they happen to veer off course and experiment themselves.

Nobody should be disabling cores to get this game to run. If anything this type of troubleshooting needs to be addressed as "EXPERIMENTAL - TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK" or tbh if you can't explain why it worked, don't recommend it.

The snowball effect from tampering with the wrong stuff can very well lead to not playing any game at all. Not saying everyone here is uneducated, but, "assumptions make everyone look like an *."

Blueberry I don't want to tell you how to do your job but as a community manager you should recognize this could be problematic. I love this game just as much as you guys, I promise, I want more than anything to get this game running stably. It's killing me that I have a stacked discord right now, and I've got about 8 people that can't play more than maybe 1 game before game crashes. But i'd hate to see someone destroy their rig because they missed a few steps and clicked a few wrong buttons. 

I get that it's the internet and those things should be implied, "try at your own risk." But publishing random one off fixes into a sticky that honestly make little to no sense. I will say it again, it's reckless.

Best thing to do would be to wait out an answer from an engineer who designed this platform. Someone who understands how to optimize the product they built. Once again, I know it's killing everyone and they want to play. But if anything take this as my warning, be cautious with trying some of these randomly suggested "fixes" as there can be other parts of your machine / programs that could also be effected. If you do not understand what you are looking at. You probably should not touch it.

Love,

Random Concerned Apex Obsessed Gamer

**EDIT**

I also highly suggest anyone who has added anything like -high -threads etc...to their launch options to please do some research behind what these commands do. I get this is a different graphics engine and optimized different however these commands have been proven to be more harmful than they are effective multiple times. Actually I am positive there are even Valve/CSGO developers who have mentioned / explained those exact commands / subject and why they are harmful. A quick google search is all you need to do.

That is all I am trying to say. I honestly mean this in the kindest way possible. Everyone's attempt's to help others in the community have been valiant and shown what a great game and community this has already become. But please just be cautious and think before you speak - as other's might not be able to put out the fire that ensue's when you rub those two stones together. 

**EDIT #2**

For anyone who is wondering, yes, I have tried everything mentioned on these forums as well. Some of them I have tried knowing they would have absolutely no effect at all and it was just sheer luck. If you would like an example; My "streaming" / "secondary" rig runs my old am3+ setup before I upgraded into Ryzen. It is equipped with these specs -

• AMD FX 6300 - set to auto clocks - turbo boost enabled / CnQ enabled / APM enabled / C-States Disabled / Windows set to ultimate performance / All cores running
  • GIGABYTE RX 570 4gb gaming edition - stock clocks - all wattman controlled / no msi afterburner etc. Attempted Driver sets 17.8.1 - 19.2.1
  • GIGABYTE GA 970a DS3P Rev 2.1 Mobo - VRM's have a dedicated 120mm fan blowing directly onto them
  • Corsair CX 750m 750W 80+ Bronze Certified PSU
  • 2x 4gb ADATA DDR3 1600mhz - Dual Channel
  • Evo 212 CPU Cooler
  • I've tried total potato in game settings to nearly maxed for my hardware

Temps Monitored through HWINFO64 - CPU AVG = 36c SOCKET AVG=46c GPU AVG= 48C

Temps Monitored through AMD OVERDRIVE - Thermal Margin AVG = 39.2C (FARRRRRR from max temps)

With a practically stock bios and 0 cores disabled, 1920x1080, medium textures, trilinear filtering, full-screened, 4gb texture streaming, with spotify in the background: I ran the game solo last night for 5 hours with only 2 crashes. Today I haven't been able to make it through a game. 

My point being is some of these suggested fixes are random and may not work for you at all.

Message 501 of 1,756 (3,692 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

my processor is over minimum Spec Requirements and Supports SSE4 And I'm still getting the crash and I don't understand what you meant about requirements when my Processor is over them

Message 502 of 1,756 (3,671 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hi,

Hopefully this can help ppl. that only started having problems today with starting the game, and maybe others too.
I've confirmed this solution 3 times, and what causes it in my case.

Solution:

-MAKE A NEW WINDOWS PROFILE (Normal computer account, not a Microsoft Account)
-REBOOT and log into your new account and start Origin

-Disable all notifications in Origin, so hopefully on the next invite, this won't repeat until a fix is out.

-Start Apex

It works for me... UNTIL someone invites me to a game, and the crash + process repeats.
I've tried clearing all cache, flushing dns, reinstalling drivers and uninstalling the game + origin + multiple restarts without success etc. etc..

So after someone invited me again and the problem reappeared, I made another profile.... AGAIN. And it worked. Games starts normally.

I saw someone reinstalled windows and still got the same error.
Question - Did it crash after someone invited you and then you couldn't start the game anymore?

More background info:
I've had a couple of the issues regarding crashing game and not being able to start the game the last week. (Fixed some off them by following advice on this forum)
Also had a couple of days with no problem.

Today I played full 3 games, until I was in the lobby and a friend invited me to a match, game crashed into windows with no error, after that I couldn't start the game again normally at all.
I only get the Respawn Logo and then back to desktop with no error message.

After trying everything previously mentioned in this thread without success, I tried what works normally on random/hard to find errors at my work.
(50 000 customers and 3500+ applications in a windows environment within health care, which in 80% of cases just takes too much time to troubleshoot, so we make A NEW WINDOWS PROFILE and if that doesn't work we reinstall the PC)

After the last crash (and 2 new profiles), I uninstalled Origin + Apex and deleted all Origin-folder in AppData, User\Local and User\Roaming and reinstalled Origin but it still won't start.
Only works when making a new profile.

So my best guess at this time is that some files are still somewhere that needs to be deleted and/or it's some strings in the registry that needs to go after a full uninstall.

Sorry for the lengthy post, hope this can help someone else and @EA_Blueberry to have some more data.

Message 503 of 1,756 (3,634 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Message 504 of 1,756 (3,563 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@hoodstomp wrote:

@ThursdayLE wrote:
Error or no error. There is something wrong with this game.

This should be the answer.

I am sorry but the experimenting most of you are doing I understand are things you are able to handle the potential repercussions / revert any changes. However some of the things flying around as "fixes" shouldn't be mentioned and really need to be controlled. Letting this go on and random maybe not so educated individuals just messing with their CPU configurations is reckless and could end up in someones machine getting damaged if they happen to veer off course and experiment themselves.

Nobody should be disabling cores to get this game to run. If anything this type of troubleshooting needs to be addressed as "EXPERIMENTAL - TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK" or tbh if you can't explain why it worked, don't recommend it.

The snowball effect from tampering with the wrong stuff can very well lead to not playing any game at all. Not saying everyone here is uneducated, but, "assumptions make everyone look like an *."

I agree. Most people are not familiar with stuff they shouldn't need to use. It's not their fault, of course, but the consequences may be detrimental to their hardware.

In over a decade of PC gaming I've never had a similar problem. Most of the time we get at least an error code to try and solve the issue, but not in this case. We just get a "nope" and the game closes. We shouldn't need to tamper with our computers just because a certain game doesn't run. The top priority when releasing a game should be to make sure the game can at least be played by anyone who meets the minimum requirements. I'm afraid, however, that this issue will be marked as a secondary priority just because the game is F2P. We didn't pay for the game and we're clearly a minority (even though we're a big number). I want to be hopeful but I heard the rumors about EA so I'm not holding my breath.

Message 505 of 1,756 (3,574 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok, so here's my dxdiag.

fyi: i've tried every suggested solution/fix in this thread so far, and there's nothing that works. Everything is random, as someone earlier said - you might be able to play for a few games, maybe a few hours at times.. but sooner or later, you will have your crash/crashes, probably sooner then later - and every single game at times.

I really hope EA fix this soon, it shouldn't be such a big issue for the devs imo.. this can't be something new.

I've started to think it has something to do with the anticheat, that finds something on the computer that it thinks is bad - and then forcequits the game - i cant think of anything else after everything ive tried.

Message 506 of 1,756 (3,568 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

★★ Novice

no it didn't work for me

Message 507 of 1,756 (4,246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

!!!MY SOLUTION!!!

After trying everything to prefend the "crash" of my game after playin 2-5 min. (sometimes less) i finally could make it thru 5 games WITHOUT any problems...what i did:

FAILURE:

- downclocking CPU

- downclocking GPU

- change ingame setting (higher settings make the game crash even faster)

- change to window mode

- disable NVIDIA Exp. and changing Nvidia settings

- disable any kinds of programms like Asus Aura, etc.

- download and reinstall Nvidia Driver 417.71 after using DDU

and some other things that didnt do anything except maybe let me play a min. or two longer.

What FINALLY WORKED:

I am still running on  Nvidia Driver 417.71, CPU and GPU are overclocked (again) and ingame settings are set mid to high.

What finally stopped me from crashing was that i changed  my game properties for APEX.

!!!--- click the settings "wheel" in origin launcher and click game properties: than uncheck the Origin in game setting.

!!!--- go to advanced settings and just add: +fps_max 60 (iam now at 100) depending on ur system

After this my game FINALLY worked and i could play thru some rounds without crashing. till this point everything workes fine but who knows...mayby its just a matter of time till i crash again.

However u guys can try...it´s easier and faster than most of the other "solutions" and maybe it works.

My System:

i5 9600k

Msi RTX 2070

16GB Ram

Message 508 of 1,756 (2,824 Views)

★★ Novice

I've played five games and this seems to have worked for me so far.

Message 509 of 1,756 (3,454 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Just adding my machine to the pile.
Win10, i5-6600k, RX Vega 56 running 64 BIOS, 16GB RAM, virtual memory set to 16GB. I've tried rolling back drivers, disabling audio devices, rolling back overclocks, turning off overlays, compatibility options, updating my BIOS, repairing the game, disabling anti-virus, and probably more I can think of.

I switched over to my tiny HTPC and even if it struggles to always run smoothly, it never crashes. It has an RX480 and an older i7. Same network port, same account, just a different PC. It makes it seem hardware dependent but there haven't been any common threads in the machines Apex is crashing on.
Message 510 of 1,756 (3,581 Views)