Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by Yeyooz

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

★★ Novice

(SOLVED)?

Hi Guys, I have experienced the very same problem. I think I probably solved it (for myself at least)

(I'm running WIN 10 x64 on iMac 27" 2017 5k, AMD Pro 570 4GB, 8GB RAM.)

I tried all these suggestions above but nothing seemed to work. Then I got so pissed off that I tried the most stupid things that came across my mind. I have a 5K screen but in Windows I was running a resolution 2560x1440 because I could not even look at that interface.

BUT

Few hours ago I reset the WIN UI resolution to full (5120x2880) and I changed just the game's resolution to 2560x1440. I've set a 4GB VRAM  in the game settings and the game is now working perfectly. I'm playing almost for 2 hours now without any crash.

YES OF COURSE I also did these before: Set the game settings to minimum, uninstall Origin and reinstall it, repair the game, run the game as an administrator with a WIN7 compatibility. I also shut down all other apps like Dicord, Steam, (even from background) Roll back the driver etc. nothing worked.

I know it sounds crazy and mental but I guess that just the resolution-chang caused the game to work properly. Now it works on Ultra video settings. Teamspeak and Discord work as well. simultaneously.

HAPPY!

Hope this crazy idea helps you a bit.

Message 461 of 1,756 (3,981 Views)

★ Apprentice

what happens next?

Message 462 of 1,756 (1,644 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Random Close/Crash

★★ Novice

Did you try to give the game higher Priority in the task manager? maybe that helps...but idc..im clueless xD

Message 463 of 1,756 (3,040 Views)

★ Apprentice

So after doing this I have managed to get like 10 games in without a crash but the moment I open discord or try to stream it will lag and then crash. Again sometimes with a memory error and other times no error.

Message 464 of 1,756 (1,616 Views)

★ Apprentice
  1. So after doing this I have managed to get like 10 games in without a crash but the moment I open discord or try to stream it will lag and then crash. Again sometimes with a memory error and other times no error.
Message 465 of 1,756 (1,601 Views)

★★ Novice
I run the game on an i5-3450 and it crashes 3/5 games.
Message 466 of 1,756 (3,883 Views)

★★ Novice

guys, ive got something. ive looked into msi afterburner after ever crash and every single time my "commit charge, mb" spikes to 16k something when the crash occurs..

All other numbers are the same, this is the anomaly. i dont know what it means or does, but it has to do with memory right?

Check it yoursleves, detach the tracking bar from afterburner and scroll down to the last section, there it should be "commit charge, mb" 

Message 467 of 1,756 (1,446 Views)

★ Apprentice

There is my dxDiag. Hope it will help. Regards

Message 468 of 1,756 (1,437 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm running almost identical specs, except the I5 and only 16gb of ram. 

Message 469 of 1,756 (3,855 Views)

★ Apprentice

@MrJibblies wrote:

guys, ive got something. ive looked into msi afterburner after ever crash and every single time my "commit charge, mb" spikes to 16k something when the crash occurs..

All other numbers are the same, this is the anomaly. i dont know what it means or does, but it has to do with memory right?

Check it yoursleves, detach the tracking bar from afterburner and scroll down to the last section, there it should be "commit charge, mb" 

i googled and it has something to do with virtual memory, and there's a setting in this game that deals with reserved virtual memory. maybe the problem has to do with that 

Message 470 of 1,756 (1,361 Views)