Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by RUSHSHORT

Original Post

Betreff: Apex legends crashing without error

★ Apprentice
@AiR-Bytex give it a few more hours/days.. It will continue to crash. I've had episodes of hours (2-8 hours) of gameplay without crashes. Then I've had episodes of crashes almost every game, and believe me - I've tried every single suggested solution.. included the rollback of driver. I've tried almost every driver back to 398.xx, and no, it doesn't work.

I don't think there's a solution for us that we can do by ourself. It's a problem with the apex game itself, probably some dirty code somewhere. I've read that this issue have been present for a VERY long time with the source engine, and most likely it will continue to exist forever... cause if they didn't bother to fix it by now, they won't do it at all.

They don't even recognize us and the problem.. all I've found is that they say that ppl with crashes have obsolete hardware, and doesn't meet the requirements for the game.
But this isn't the truth at all, but again - this is all they've recognized.

It's not a big enough issue for them to deal with, it doesn't cost them enough money...
Message 331 of 1,756 (2,913 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

★ Apprentice
I've done all of the above except trying to reinstall. I'm going to try that next but I also I have been running boarderless windowed mode the whole time. I'll test that theory to see what kind of luck I get. Any help is greatly appreciated..
Message 332 of 1,756 (38,581 Views)

Betreff: Apex legends crashing without error

★★ Apprentice

My game is crashing pretty much every game, be it as soon as it starts, just after the jump has started, as I'm about to land, middle of the match, when action is happening, when nothing is happening, when I'm about to win a game. I've started probably about 100 games, but only ever seen 10 through to their ends. There are no error logs, no pop-ups, nada, just the game freezes for a second or two then closes to desktop and that is that.

To all these people suggesting to rollback drivers, they seem to be forgetting a bunch of us are AMD cards too. We all share the exact same issue and none of the proposed fixes people are talking about are working. It is on the games code side, it is an issue that we cannot fix.

i5 4670k @3.4Ghz

Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ 

16gb RAM

Installed on a HDD.

What we need is the Devs to at least comment on this, acknowledge they have heard the issue. Because I have been stalking these forums and going through all the threads about people with this same issue and not a single one has had a response from the Devs. They are just ignoring this issue as far as we can know. So if a dev does see this? Please dear god, just say you've heard us and are working on it. We're not a huge amount of the games total population, but we'd still like to play this game.

Message 333 of 1,756 (2,748 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have tried all the so called "Fixes" rolling back drivers, full screen, no over lay, etc. and none of them work. 

This should not be on players to fix. EA should have this fixed already if they want people to play this game.

I came from fortnite hoping this game would be better. I like the game play better but with the constant crashes and no solution from EA, im deleting the game and going back to fortnite. At least it is stable.

Message 334 of 1,756 (38,539 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I've ran the game on borderless windows, full screen - don't try windowed because I don't know why you would ever try that - I have also rolled back drivers on SSD and HDD options, so I would run the latest driver on SSD then the last one before that etc. I've cleaned my PC of dust, still doesn't work. Tried alot of the deleting files *, doesn't work I have also uninstalled, repaired the game about 5+ times and then I have also nearly stabbed my screen with a screwdriver. Tried some advanced launch options, that didn't work either and tried running it on Windows 8 - 7, and still crashes.

Overall, my point is I think that it's the companies job to fix tbh. However, it might not be and might be a very specific problem. I have no idea, but we have to wait until a solution comes out either from the game company or from somebody else in the community.
Message 335 of 1,756 (38,482 Views)

★★ Novice

Massive issues here as well. Was working fine the other day for me after i found a sweet spot of video settings. I upgraded my mobo and CPU over the weekend, now this game crashes every single time 1-2 minutes into the game. Training works fine...only actual gameplay freezes. So strange.

Specs:

i7 8700k

16GB RAM

1080ti

installed on an SSD (tried HDD as well)

Tried 3 different drivers

Message 336 of 1,756 (2,653 Views)

★ Apprentice
Warf the ea made post about crash , they just gathered all the ideas what players said but at least we know that they are aware of the problem so i think they're working on it too ;P
Message 337 of 1,756 (3,287 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

There is no solution guys , no matter what you do , depends on the game itselfs , it seems like if you copy this script to delete appdata origin folders it helps , you just need to replace the ***** for your computer username . Copy this into a txt file and change it to .bat , then execute it .

taskkill /F /IM Origin.exe
taskkill /F /IM OriginClientService.exe
taskkill /F /IM OriginWebHelperService.exe
pushd "C:\ProgramData\Origin\" || exit /B 1
for /D %%D in ("*") do (
if /I not "%%~nxD"=="LocalContent" rd /S /Q "%%~D"
)
for %%F in ("*") do (
del "%%~F"
)
popd
rmdir /s /q "C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Origin"
rmdir /s /q "C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Origin"
shutdown /r /t 0

Message 338 of 1,756 (3,272 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK guys I think I've finally managed to fix it! I've been trying everything possible for the past few days and nothing has worked. Before now my game used to crash almost every game, I've been playing the whole night now with not one single crash

What I've done:

1. I rolled back my Nvidia drivers back to 417.71

2. Switched vsync to adaptive in the in game settings

3. Switched from fullscreen to borderless windowed

I thought originally my over clock was to blame but have encountered zero issues with my gpu and cpu undervolted and over clocked

Message 339 of 1,756 (3,195 Views)

★★ Novice
you can't go into game settings if the game crashes at the start...
Message 340 of 1,756 (3,025 Views)