Re: The instruction 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000 Crash

★ Novice
Message 12 of 32 (1,142 Views)

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

Message 13 of 32 (985 Views)

FPS Dropping / Memory Leak - Apex Legends

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having an issue where after a certain amount of time in game, the fps will go from a stable 50+ to under 3 in a short amount of time, and stay that way. I'm not sure if it's random or not, but it seems to be triggered during gunfights, at least from what I've seen. My NVIDIA drivers are up to date, I'm using my GPU for the game, and I have tried a bunch of other tweaks to no avail. There have been a couple of unsolved topics about this issue already and I'd really like to find a solution as I'm enjoying the game so far.

Also for reference I'm running a GTX 980, AMD FX-8350, and 8 gigs of ram.

Message 14 of 32 (1,928 Views)

memory error crash

★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia gtx 960m
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Hypersectomy
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic, bangalore
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. landed into small area south of spaceport
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. just hit the floor after paradrop
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 13/02/2019 13:31
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? game crashed with screenshot below
What should be happening instead? nothing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? find memory leak

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia Geforce GTX 960m
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Hypersectomy
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. randoms
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic, Bangalore
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Landing into area south of spaceport
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. running
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 13/02/2019 13:31
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What happens when the bug occurs? Crash with memory error
What should be happening instead? no memory leaks
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use memory allocate table to reference offending leak or loop and close it.

crash error message screenshot

Message 15 of 32 (936 Views)

Game crashing w/ no error during initial jump (sometimes during match).

★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number 480 RX 8gb MSI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Steelertron
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. I_BM_U, nVusPip
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Mirage, Bloodhound, any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bangalore, Lifeline
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Initial Jump
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Jumping
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0, keeps happening
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 2/17/2019, matches between 10am-2pm MT
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What happens when the bug occurs? When the game first came out, I was having no issues at all. Then this just starts happening every now and then a few days later to now almost 100%. 100% of the time I'm jump master, the game crashes. 50% when I'm not jump master. I seem to be able to lower the chances of it happening by being in Map/Menu settings while jumping. It's seems like the jump animations is causing a memory leak, because I notice my CPU hits extremely high #s during it. ADDITIONALLY - it can happen randomly during a match. The last crash just now I was using a shield battery or phoenix kit and the game froze up, crashes, no error message. Last time it happened during a match, I was Bangalore and pulled out my Ult.
What should be happening instead? Not crashing, at least give an error message.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? QA the game more?

As stated above, this is becoming frustrating as I really enjoy this game but can't play it if its crashing like this.

I do not have any other programs running, I close out everything that I can except for Discord. My Windows 10 is up to date. I'e done repair the installation a few times. The graphic settings are at the lowest possible. I've disabled FPS counter on Origin.

My GPU is up to date. It happened on 19.2.1, and still happening on the latest version 19.2.2.

I can play any other current title just fine on high settings. For example, Anthem runs beautifully with no issues.

Message 16 of 32 (997 Views)

Memory leak makes game unplayable for me

★★★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Geforce GTX 970 Current driver: 417.35 Also happens on latest and second to latest drivers that I tried.
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? reallyfatpanda
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Any
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Replicable in any part of the map and in lobby/menus
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Having the game booted is enough, but playing makes it fill the RAM faster
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0, this happens first time I start the game sice the update a few days ago.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.03.19 and for at least the last 3 days
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What happens when the bug occurs? A memory leak in the game allocates all memory on RAM, making GPU usage go to 0% and everything freezes for ~1 +/- 0.5 sec, then snaps to another frame and freezes again. This goes on for about 15-30 sec until everything calms down, then comes back as something happens in game (new zone, enemies or team mates shooting etc)
What should be happening instead? it should not allocate all available RAM
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know where the leak is, don't know what is causing it

Message 17 of 32 (911 Views)

Re: Memory leak makes game unplayable for me

★★ Guide

Could you post up your DXdiag please.  Knowing which version and build of windows you are using, along with Ram information may help in narrowing down the issue. 

Message 18 of 32 (905 Views)

Constant Crashing (without error) every game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GPU: RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
Enter RAM memory size in GB VRAM: 4G RAM: 16G
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PercocetStripper
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline (doesn't matter)
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Doesn't matter, not a frames issue.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Just playing and running
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03/20/19 12:20 AM Central
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What happens when the bug occurs? Usually a slight freeze, then proceeds to crash to desktop without any kind of error message. Origin client will then sometimes reappear.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to play a single game without the game utterly failing.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I've tried every trick I can find to fix this because I want to play. However, I noticed that it is probably a memory leak type of issue.

Some of the apex game files, specifically inside the 'paks' and 'audio' folders, are creating a ton of Standby memory. Even after I use RamMap to empty the standby list before playing the game will quickly allocate all of my memory to an unusable destination. I'm almost sure this is the problem because if I don't clear the lists at all and wait for the Standby list to fill up, my whole game is micro-stuttering / hitching, even in the main lobbies. Please fix this because I am sure many others are having the same problem as well and I am very close to uninstalling the game and never looking back, thanks. I will attach screen shots of dxdiag, the first crash report, and my RamMap diagnostics.

Message 19 of 32 (885 Views)

Apex is using 17 GB of RAM and Virtual Memory

★ Apprentice

I'm not sure what or how this has come around, but I can't play the game with 16gb of RAM. It's requesting 16.6gb and crashing.

No other open applications other than launchers in the background and windows 10 system processes and the games still going tits up.

2 nights ago the server lag was so bad it was unplayable, the night after that it split me and my party into seperate games, and now the game is requesting almost 3x what they recommend. I feel bad with anyone running store bought gaming rigs, or budget builds with 8GB or less.

What's going on with the patches utterly * the game.

Message 20 of 32 (1,311 Views)