by WekizZ-is-Live

Original Post

Re: Apex legends crashing mid game

★★★ Novice

@jubilee_8282 what do you mean change it

Message 141 of 199 (7,949 Views)

★★ Novice

it is annoying. had this problem until last night. this article actually helped.

I just did this part of the article. didnt mess with the registry since I'm not confident with it so far the no error crash stopped happening to me. Hope this helps you guys as well

you will need to reinstall Origin and give it a clean install. That means removal of any Origin traces in AppData and Program Files folders. Next up, you will need to open Task Manager, switch to the Services tab and click the "Services..." button that is marked with Administrator access.

In the newly opened window, scroll down to EasyAntiCheat, right click it and click Properties. Click on Recovery card and you will see three scenarios named "First failure" , "Second Failure" and "Subsequent Failures". Each of them has a drop down menu that should say "Take no Action" at this point. You will need to change each of these options to "Restart the Service".

here is the link to the article where I got this from: https://www.altchar.com/games-news/588240/fix-for-apex-legends-pc-crash-without-error

Message 142 of 199 (7,929 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Crash with no error every single game for 3 days. Just reinstalled origin...here's the dxdiag. please fix

Message 143 of 199 (7,912 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I managed to fix mine as well. To fix it, i went to graphics settings on windows - searched for Apex Legends - went into options and choose power saving (this helped for me and fixed my issues when crashing mid game). You could also try capping your fps with RivaTuner (dependent on which graphics card you have though, 100fps seems like a good number for my x2 SLI 960's but 60fps would be fine for most mid range cards)

Message 144 of 199 (7,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello, I found few fixes for the crashes, hope this video helps ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-dXKEb9TIk&feature=youtu.be

Message 145 of 199 (7,047 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 146 of 199 (7,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler
I had this same problem as well then i disabled the origin in-game overlay and it seams to run without crashing now i would try and turn off all in-game overlays
Message 147 of 199 (7,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Few more things you all crashing PC can try.

TL;DR = ask me on twitch when I'm live I will try to help as much as I can.

1. Turn off everything you don't need for your game. OBS, Discord, TeamSpeak, Steam, EpicGames, OverWolf other stuff I don't know about that interfere with full screen games overlay. And also Origin in game overlay. ShadowPlay overlay. 

2. Try running a game. If you get crash again then continue.

3. Lower your in game settings (I'm using 1080 and I still lower my VRAM till 4GB just because of OBS and Discord). Lower everything and turn of vsync. VRAM you can go all the way till none.

4. Try running the game. Looks bad but did the game run without crashes?

If yes Go to step 5. if still get a crash go here and create a ticket with all your PC spec and screenshots if you have and pray to support Gods that this will be fixed one day.

5. So you managed to play few games without crashing? Then you can start increasing some Video Settings in game so the game looks better but do this step by step in case you crash again you know what happened and you can go back to the previous settings. You should do the same with your apps like Discord and OBS if you crash with any of them then you are running out of ram or CPU bottleneck that's why you need to lower in game settings to free up some GPU and CPU for other apps.

PS I'm not an expert at all I just try thing until it works so if it worked for you I'm happy I could assist Wink and share this with your friends who have the same issue!

PS Sorry for my bad English

GOOD LUCK and this game is worth trying to run it!

Message 148 of 199 (7,560 Views)

★★ Novice

my machine has almost same setting as you wrote. 

and i am having a number of crashing without error message and even having the bluescreens

Message 149 of 199 (7,492 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think I figured one of those crashes [90% of my crash-case] out for me. By that I mean the game closing without crashreport.

The game sometimes freezes/lags for around 4 seconds straight, sometimes in the main menu without crashing, but if I press any button/use the mouse at that time in a round, the game closes!

"the memory could not be written" also happens sometimes, but not nearly as much. Hope this helps some of you!

Message 150 of 199 (7,357 Views)