Re: Apex legends crashing constantly

by The_Tibber

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex legends crashing constantly

★★★ Novice

Having to use this forum as there isn't a livechat option anymore and have been on it countless times before and nothing has been solved. So basically my game keeps crashing, I have been told that it is because of a fault with my internet connection but that wouldn't make the game crash, just kick me back to the lobby. Before the game crashes it always freezes for around 2-3 seconds and then 10 seconds later it will crash.

I've linked my crash file bellow.

Message 1 of 14 (74,165 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

Hmm okay since i don't know what you have tried lets start with the basics.

1. Follow the first and second parts of my guide: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/In-Depth-Trouble-shooting-Guide/m-p/7472105#M165

The first section shows you how to update drivers that are not given to you through windows update but can be important to system stability.

The second part involves a deep uninstall of the game removing files that are left behind from the basic uninstall.

2. Uninstalling and renstalling GPU drivers normally can cause issues if you change multiple versions.

instal DDU and select the clean and restart option. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then get your latest driver here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Once done this should eliminate any corruption in Apex, drivers and OS.

If you still crash afterwards please let me know! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 14 (74,093 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Hai,

Could you post a Dxdiag so we know a bit more about your system?
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 14 (74,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Here, hopefully this is good enough

Message 3 of 14 (74,126 Views)

★★ Novice

My game is also experiencing constant crashes. I can pick my character and either right after I jump from the ship or as soon as I land from the ship my game freezes, and displays the message " connection timed out.

I never experienced this crash until after the release of season 1. My gaming system is PS4.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times. Each time I uninstall I clear my ps4 cache.

It is not my internet connection because I will open another game and play it when I get the connection error from Apex.

Message 4 of 14 (74,108 Views)

Champion

Hmm okay since i don't know what you have tried lets start with the basics.

1. Follow the first and second parts of my guide: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/In-Depth-Trouble-shooting-Guide/m-p/7472105#M165

The first section shows you how to update drivers that are not given to you through windows update but can be important to system stability.

The second part involves a deep uninstall of the game removing files that are left behind from the basic uninstall.

2. Uninstalling and renstalling GPU drivers normally can cause issues if you change multiple versions.

instal DDU and select the clean and restart option. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then get your latest driver here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Once done this should eliminate any corruption in Apex, drivers and OS.

If you still crash afterwards please let me know! Standard smile

Message 5 of 14 (74,094 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It's not your machines it's the games baby anticheat features which will probablty grow but as it stands the games going to crash for some more frequently than others.

Message 6 of 14 (74,077 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi i also have the problem of keep crashing the game. it all happens after the winter update of season 3. 

now everytime i change game mode it will crash. and a lot of times is especially if i am a jump master i will be in the game for 40s to 1-2m and i will crash.

it keeps crashing and made me looks like i abandoned my game. and with the new system changes in Season 4 i got penalty because of that. 

i tried a lot of methods to make sure i wont crash but im still crashing.

pls help

Message 7 of 14 (72,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

While researching solutions for apex legends crashing. I have Found methods below for you easily fix apex legends keeps crashing pc issue. will guide you and you can easily fix the problem with one of the using below following at the top methods step-by-step.

Method #1 Need to Update your graphic drivers

Corrupted or outdated sound adapter drivers may be the main cause the Apex Legends keeps Crashing PC problems. If you are not updating the graphic card driver, as long time. You need to follow to steps below to update the latest drivers version.

AMD User
  • First you need to Right-click on the home desktop and select AMD Radeon.
  • In the main menu, click on update in the down left corner
  • Click on see “New Updates”, right-click on new update version option and Select “Update now
  • Will AMD update installer start, now the installer gives the package ready, select all the option and click to install new driver
  • Restart you are PC and try to open apex legends hope the issue will solve.
NIVID User 
  • Click on the Windows search bar in the left down corner side the taskbar
  • Type your keyboard “GeForce Experience” in the search bar and keyboard press enter button
  • Select on the first search result icon to open the GeForce Experience
  • In the main menu, click on the Drivers option on the top left.
  • In driver menu Click on the “CLICK for New Updates” option is on the upper left After that will give you new driver option if the new driver is available
  • If the new update driver is available will appear the “Download” button. Click on that the update driver will to download
  • Now select the “Express” option and will new driver automatically install
  • Restart you are PC and try to open apex legends hope the issue will solve

Check if the Apex Legends keeps Crashing PC problem still facing, then try different steps.
Read this article to solve the problem

How to Fix Apex Legends keeps Crashing PC Issue
Message 8 of 14 (69,033 Views)

★ Novice
@N00DLEZv Fyi I tried repair game, waited till download finish again... and the game seems more stable!! Hope it helps u 💪🏻
Message 9 of 14 (67,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi mate. I had the exact same issue. I cursed this game because i like it so much. I topped playing it then it happen on another game as well. After a bit of snooping it turns out that my high speed RAM (3200Mhz) was unstable at it's default XMP profile. I've fixed my RAM instability and now the game is running without a hitch. If you're ram is not overclocked then soz I got nothing for you. Sorry.

Message 10 of 14 (66,456 Views)