Re: Apex legends crash at launch / start up after video intro FIX

by Twoly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex legends crash at launch / start up after video intro FIX

★★ Novice

So i will give a long story about this issue, if you don't care you can go directly at the end in the ***** section and if it doesn't work (i i will be supprised but who knows) go to the **  section, certainly the answer is somwhere there.  i hope that maybe someone will fix this one day with a patch.

Since the realise of Apex, i had this issue maybe ten times :

- launch apex

- watch the intro video

- having the red loadding logo in the bottom left corner (sometimes you don't even have time to see this)

- crash, no error message

Patchs of apex or origin didn't change anything.

It can be triggered by :

- Game invite from friend

- changing graphic settings

- reducing apex

- opening origin in game

- others...

I watch, read and applied all videos or articles related to that issue :

- removing / tweaking easy cheat

- ipconfig flush dns

- tweaking launch option (admin, untick fullscreen optimization, -novid, +fps_max....)

- reboot

- memory priority

- clean %temp% file

- check files / check for update for apex

- desactivate origin in game, cloud saving...

- EVERYTHING

**Sometimes it can be fixed by doing one of this :

- uninstall apex and clean setup

- uninstall origins and clean setup

- uninstall nvidia driver and clean setup

- setup an older version of nvidia driver

- supressing apex video settings file and put it back

- launching apex in window mod or with a different

resolution

=> AND SOMETIMES NONE OF THIS WORK. It makes no sense.

What FIX this is ... Wait for it... 

I had 2 origins account, and i don t know why, my main account for apex had this issue constantly and the other one never.

Yes, you have understood very well, if i i have  this issue on my main, and i switch on the second, the game work. If i go back to my main, it crashs... Weard.

I tried by switching between these account to :

- tweak the profile and setting files of apex

- activate/desactivate the saving cloud

- make the second crash and launch the main (by suppressing the process in ctrl alt suppr menu)

I was thinking that maybe there is a line of code somewhere, in a file, on my computer or in the cloud  which makes this game crashed...

*****  The FIX is :

So the only difference between the 2 accounts is 89 friends...

The main origin account has 89 origin friends.

My second account has 0 friend.

So i suppressed 59 friends (so it remains 30 friends) and this ******* game WORK !!!

I don't know exactly, the maximum number of friend you can have to avoid this issue. just try to supress 5 by 5. Maybe it is related to the steam account link, the number of friend online, ...

Sorry for the language i m not a nativ ! I Hope it has helped !

Message 1 of 46 (26,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Spaceb4t 

Marking this as solved for visibility and your related post here.

If you have the game crashing for you at launch our Origin team can use your help pinpointing how this could be related to the friends list by sending them an Origin Error Report. Please mention how many friends you had when it started working for you once friends were removed. This can still be done even after you've resolved your crashing issue. Our thanks for any hand you can lend on this. Thumbs up

Here is where to do that:

OER.png

Origin Error Reporter.JPG

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 22 of 46 (24,200 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thank you for sharing what helped you out. We'll relay this over to the Origin team to let them know about a potential impact the number of friends may have, but at the moment we do not see any direct correlation.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 46 (25,776 Views)

★★ Novice

I had exactly the same issue like OP described. My account crashed on launch regardless of settings.

I did countless reinstalls, the same account did not work on any of my friends computers (tried 3 different setups) and 2 new accounts I created worked without any issues. I deleted some friends (from around 60 down to like 25) and it still did not work. I was about to just continue playing on my newly created account whenever I decided to give it a shot and just deleted all but 5 friends and my game magically started working again.

I would strongly encourage to look into this issue as there are multiple threads with people describing this issue. I read through all of them in my search for a solution and this is the only one mentioning deleting friends, which finally solved my issues.

Message 3 of 46 (25,562 Views)

Community Manager

@NotReloaded @Skhaal99 

What language do you use for your games?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 46 (25,529 Views)

★★ Novice

My origin is set to german, however I only played Apex in US English.

Whenever I encountered this issue I tried using: English, German, French but that did not affect the crash on launch.

I am not sure if this might be related but the account I had those issues with was also connected to steam (which I was not able to detach, as this is only possible from ingame). This 'added' 169 friends to my account, but removing all but 5 origins friends is what solved the issue for me - although it might have been triggered by the large number of friends added by steam. Unfortunately it is hard to tell whether this played a role in me encountering this issue or not. Just to be safe and hopefully never be affected by this again I won't accept more friend requests and I also detached my steam now.

Message 5 of 46 (25,392 Views)

★★ Novice

My computer is in french, my origin and apex are in english US.

It is exactly the same in my case. Since i post it, i got this issue once more.

I couldn't unconnect my steam account, but as i didn't  use my steam's friend anymore, i removed all of them on steam (about 100).

It didn't change anything.

I remove 5 friend from origin (30 to 25). It didn't work this time.

I had 10 friends online on 25., i removed 8 online friends. It is working again. Not sure if it is becausei removed extra friends or because they were connected.

I have disconnected my steam account this time.

Hope you will find what is going on with the origin/ steam / friend list.

Message 6 of 46 (25,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Can't even launch the game. Crashing on loading screen, just a second after the respawn logo disappears and the apex red logo in the bottom right corner comes up. It happens every evening when i try to play with my friends, same happens to my friends.

Sometimes when we start playing an hour before peak time, we are lucky to play for couple hours, later all of us or at least two crash and can't launch the game with the same crash. No error. Tried even fresh win install, vpn's, network setups and etc. No idea why it happens. It started happening during first season after the patch with Octane. Later when season 2 came out the crash was gone until the Alternator nerf introduced. I personally know 2 people who still didn't get a chance to play Apex cause of this "launch crash".

Message 7 of 46 (24,673 Views)

★ Novice

I got exactly the same problem. when i switch to a 2nd account, there is no problem at all. then im trying my main and the game crashes on the startup without an error. just got this since last week. nothing changed that would explain this bug. i tried everything there is too. i dont think anything helped at all. after thousand repairs i can start the game with succes and with the next try i got the same bug again. i dont even get how this is even possible without any change at all. maybe it rly is the friend thing, because the only thing i did, is adding like 15 people to play with... damn this sucks so bad. it rly drives you nuts

Message 8 of 46 (24,542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having exactly the same issue. I've played yesterday until ~2AM, now I can't start the game anymore, it crashes with no error just after the intro screen

Creating a new origin account fixed the issue. I have already tried reinstalling the Origin client.

Removing a couple of friends didn't fix anything though.

What's wrong with it? Doesn't make much sense.

My account is also connected to Steam as someone else already said. Could that be the issue?

Message 9 of 46 (24,401 Views)

Community Manager

@constfusion 

How many friends do you have on your friends list for the account you can't login to Apex with?

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 46 (24,390 Views)