Apex legends constant crashing

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RVxZenth
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore, Octane, Bloodhound, Lifeline, Wraith, Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic, Bangalore, Octane, Gibraltar, Pathfinder, Bloodhound
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Artielarry, Swamp Lakes, Wetlands, Cascades, Skull island, Bunker, Thunderdom, Relay
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Walking around, fighting enemies, crouching, taking a zipline, reloading, picking up a weapon
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1-2 in most cases
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) For an entire month March - April
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes, sometimes I get a crash report, sometimes I don't, sometimes it restarts itself.
What should be happening instead? Game should be running as intended
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe you guys should recreate such a situation, with similar connections and specs and see if it occurs. I don't know to be honest

I have been crashing on and off since the launch, it got better after the second update but went even worse since the recent Season 1 update. I have not been able to play Apex Legends in peace in an entire month now. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,426 Views)

Apex Legends crash

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ray831120
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. app2320, Diego_cer0
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. at not a certain place
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. picking up loots, running, shooting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3 or 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 07.04.19 10:00 GMT+0800
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game closed and show a message: Apex crashed. More technical information should be available in "apex_crash.txt" in your Documents folder.
What should be happening instead? Proceeding game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i don't know

Just joined a match and started to pick up loots. Suddenly game closed and show crash message.

Message 1 of 8 (1,429 Views)

Re: Apex legends constant crashing

Community Manager

Thanks for attaching the DxDiag, @Real_Zenith 

It looks like you could upgrade to Windows 10 build 1809. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates. You also need to update your video card driver to the latest one. That can be done with the GeForce Experience

Jump into a game after performing those to see if you notice any improvement. Lowering the Texture Streaming Budget via the in-game settings should help performance too.

Good luck! 

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 8 (1,408 Views)

Re: Apex Legends crash

Community Manager

@NAFOZ_llllllllll 

Moved your post over to this one. Can you try updating Windows and your video card driver as well?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Thanks for attaching the DxDiag, @Real_Zenith 

It looks like you could upgrade to Windows 10 build 1809. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates. You also need to update your video card driver to the latest one. That can be done with the GeForce Experience

Jump into a game after performing those to see if you notice any improvement. Lowering the Texture Streaming Budget via the in-game settings should help performance too.

Good luck! 

I did have the latest NVIDIA drivers before, that only meant I crashed faster. Often while dropping, hence the rollback , which actually helped and was stated as a solution that helped many in the Apex subreddit 

Also I already play at the lowest settings possible 

Message 5 of 8 (1,371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello @EA_Blueberry

I went back to the new driver and applied the new update for Windows. The game instantly crashed after 1 game again, the files are attached 

Message 6 of 8 (1,301 Views)

★ Apprentice

Windows 1903

Nivida RTX 2080Ti

i7 8700k @ 5GhZ

32 DDR 4 @ 3200MhZ

m2 - 500gb

m2 - 500gb

ssd- 2 tb

Maximius x Hero

--------------------------------

Message 7 of 8 (1,293 Views)

Re: Apex Legends crash

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry Unfortunately crashed 3 times in a row, after all your suggestions. Crash report attached again 

Message 8 of 8 (1,260 Views)