Apex legends broke my ps4

by Wildkahuna1

Original Post

Apex legends broke my ps4

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Apex Legends and after having some issues with it not loading into the start menu, my PS4 started glitching out when I tried to boot it up, my other games worked fine and I had no issues for about a week when I decided to boot up Apex again. This time my system crashed and I’m currently unable to turn my playstation on without it automatically offering the “Cannot turn on PlayStation” error and telling me to reinitialize my system, which is going to delete all of my data.

Playstation support couldn’t help me and said to post on this forum, seeing as my EA support request never went through after waiting in a chat room for 3 hours

Message 1 of 5 (738 Views)

Re: Apex legends broke my ps4

@Wildkahuna1  you're on the Anthem forum here not Apex.

Have you tried to uninstall Apex and reboot your PS4 ?

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 2 of 5 (710 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Valhalla-strider Isn’t there a way to hard restart the PS4 to rebuild the databases that doesn’t actually delete everything? I don’t use a console, so just going on what I’ve seen reported.
Message 3 of 5 (702 Views)

@ChiraaKitteh   samo I'm on PC as well.....was just suggesting it to verify the Apex version was corrupting is PS4.

There might be a way to repair like we have on Origin but don't know about it...

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 4 of 5 (694 Views)

Community Manager

@Wildkahuna1 Thanks for the post, we moved it to the Apex section.

However I can't see why Playstation support would send you here. The game itself won't cause system issues, but games can of course trigger existing system issues.

A re-initialization is the "nuclear" option, but it should fix any system issues that aren't hardware-related, and that may be the necessary next step. I take it that you've tried a power cycle and Safe Mode restart? 
Before you try the re-initialisation you can also try removing any USB devices connected to the system as they can hypothetically interfere with the boot process.

It's worth noting that -should you need to re-initialize your system- lots of games including Apex don't store game progress locally, so that won't be lost. Also, if you have Playstation Plus your other game progress may have a cloud storage backup too. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (684 Views)