Apex launches once, then won't launch again

by FEVER_TheSage

Original Post

Apex launches once, then won't launch again

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So, I can launch Apex fine the first time, but after I exit it, I can't launch it anymore. My cursor has a little loading sign like usual, then...nothing happens. Just...nothing. This has happened before, iirc after an Apex update (similar to this time).

However, if I use Task Manager and end Origin and restart it, I can launch it again, for a "first time." Then once again, it won't launch after.

I use Razer Cortex software, and the Game Booster shows an "r5apex.exe" using 32.0 KB running, but Task Manager shows nothing. (pictures attached, no apex app running and nothing in background processes on task manager but it shows something in Razer)
I have a Razer Mamba Elite mouse, and Razer and Apex have their Razer Synapse app for lighting while Apex is playing, but I've had this for some time and not had an issue before.

Secondary problem: After an Apex update, I once again get a "Windows does not have access or permission for this file" error, until I go into the properties of Apex and Origin and reset all permissions to full control and "Run as Administrator"...so yes I have a "fix", but I'd like to fix the root problem instead of basically putting a band-aid on it.

EDIT: If i end the "COMSurrogate" process seen under Origin in the "apex issues fullscreen" screenshot, I can suddenly play the game again and Origin pops up like i just ended the game. So this "comsurrogate" is basically being seen as Apex being open.....
---Now my question is: Why? How? And how can I fix THIS specific detail, either the process being stuck open or acting in a way it shouldn't? (i dont know which of those it is, if it's suppsoed to close after i close Apex or if it's acting like Apex when it shouldn't)

Message 1 of 1 (156 Views)