Re: Apex keeps crashing (0x887A0007)

by Jonas420xDD

Original Post

Apex keeps crashing (0x887A0007)

★ Novice

Good morning Guys,

2 days ago I updated my GPU-Driver to Adrenalin 21.5.2 - Device: AMD Radeon Rx 590.

Yesterday the Game Started to Crash, even in Firing Range Mode, giving me the following Error: 

"0x887A0007 - DXGI_Error_Device_Reset" 

I already Googled the Errorcode and found some Threads, also in thsi Forum. But No Thread described my Problem, because i dont have Nvidea GPU, Like the people in the Other Threads. 

I found Out that this seems to be a Driver Problem. So I did a reset to Adrenalin 21.4.1, which worked. I could Play For 2-3h straight, but suddenly it began crashing again, Just after starting Up. 

My question is: Has anyone experience with this Error and my (or a similar) GPU-Device (RX590)? 

Which Driver would you recommand? 

Message 1 of 11 (1,439 Views)

Community Manager

@Jonas420xDD 

You might use the following Cleanup Utility to remove old driver components before reinstalling the driver set.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_Barrywhich driver set do you recommend?
the latest one or an older one?

also thank you for ur reply

Message 3 of 11 (1,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Faced the same problem. When you start the game, the computer goes into protection. I had to turn off the power. I managed to get around this problem. In the tdp settings, you need to set -50% (I did not try to set a higher value) and start the game. After starting the menu, you can return the settings back. (the same problem appeared in "layers of fear". Perhaps the problem is in the drivers.

Message 4 of 11 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

could you find a stable driver? If so, please advise which one. (Rx 590)

Message 5 of 11 (1,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

EDIT: disregard everything I've said below. Although I've solved the error message, the whole computer keeps crashing while under heavy GPU load (unrelated to Apex). I suggest everyone experiencing crashes to test a heavy GPU load (for example, using something like https://foldingathome.org/ or another game) to rule out a hardware failure. In my case, I highly suspect the PSU is acting strange: will replace soon and update.

___

I had the same problem: skipped roughly 1 year of updates due to traveling, went back home and updated Adrenalin to the latest version and since then I'd get random crashes.

Specs: Win10, AsRock B350 Pro4, Ryzen 5 1600, RX580 8GB nitro+

I tried uninstalling all the GPU drivers and reinstalling them: no luck.

I then uninstalled Adrenalin and didn't reinstall it. I just let Windows do its thing and auto-install the default GPU drivers (without Adrenalin).

Make sure Windows does this, otherwise you'll be stuck at 60FPS and with no drivers.

Right click on your desktop, select "Display settings" > advanced display settings, then check that refresh rate is the highest your monitor allows. If it's not, then wait for Windows to install the drivers.

In "Devices Manager", this is how the appropriate drivers looks like:

Another thing I did is disable the CPU overclocking (I was at 3.3mhz, with a base clock of 3.2mhz), but I'm pretty sure that was not the problem.

Message 6 of 11 (1,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Since the New season i am getting this error too but alternately also the 0x887a0006 - DXGI_ERROR DEVICE_HUNG error. They switch like on every Crash. I am running an AMD gpu and yes i have the latest driver, i even rolled back on 2 older stable driver(clean install) no i dont have overclocked, nothing you find online to fix it helps.

9 of 10 Crashes happen shortly before landing on the ground at the beginning of a game, 1 out of 10 is randonly when the game is going on (in case get that far)

Happening on a Rx 580 wirh ryzen 5 3600 which worked fine without any error since season 7.

The problem is either on EA's or AMD's side not on ours.

Message 7 of 11 (998 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry i might speak for some AMD users if i say that we feel a little bit left in the dark and on our own with the problem so what is ea doing to fix it?
If EA would at least say like "Hey amd users we hear you we are working on it" but all we are hearing is clean install drivers or send us the dxdiag files when the Problem is clearly not on our side. Nice and good that you allready fixed it for Nvidia users but we AMD people spend the same Money, Time and Love on the Game as them so don't just ignore us.
Not neccessary to say how much i love to play the Game orherwise it would not bother me that much.

This is no offense or respectless just saying how it comes when you ea guys don't share a single Information or put a solution in reach.
Message 8 of 11 (933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@StykxTVActually, I did talk to EA support, they have noticed the AMD people and I was told that they would be trying to escalate my ticket directly to the development team, we'll see how that goes. It is also possible that the problem comes from AMD since NVIDIA drivers fixed this issue and that nothing was changed for them.

I understand that it's frustrating, I also want to play Apex really badly but everyone here also needs to do their part and report this issue not only to Respawn but also to AMD. If you are using AMD and running into this issue please use the Bug Report tool on the Radeon Software.

Message 9 of 11 (885 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@DarkZTwu When this would be an AMD problem i don't understand why it also appeared on the two older stalbe drivers i tried which i know work a 100% on apex? I clean install them and it happen anyway. And yes i used the Bug report at amd on every driver i used i got this error with.
Im tired of reaching out to any Supports and trying staff ony my System i don't have to, for a game which run perfect for 7 Seasons just to be told "clean install your driver" or "send us a dxdiag file"
Message 10 of 11 (855 Views)