Game won't resume updating

by pugger60000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex is stuck resuming the download

★★ Newbie

Ive tried everything to get apex to finish downloading but its glitched saying resuming download but its been days of me trying to do this. What should i do?

Message 1 of 42 (32,348 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex is stuck resuming the download

★★★★ Novice

Close Origin & change your game folder name to anything else. Then open origin make sure it could update. Then close origin & rename the folder back to the original name & open origin. Tada~

View in thread

Message 9 of 42 (32,220 Views)

All Replies

Downloading Issues

★★★ Newbie

Downloading issues

I've been downloading the last update for apex legends for hours, but it's still "resuming" the update. For over 12 hours it's been doing this. I've not the slightest idea what it's doing or why it's taking so long, can someone help?

Message 2 of 42 (32,323 Views)

Community Manager

@mosso2o 

Please right click the game tile in Origin and then Repair and follow any onscreen instructions relating to rebooting/repairing again etc.

Let us know your results here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 42 (32,306 Views)
Highlighted

Game won't resume updating

★★★ Newbie

Apex legends won't update, it say resuming but it won't and I can't cancel the update or anything, I can't install other games because of it. All I want is to be able to play spore after 10 years

Message 4 of 42 (32,309 Views)

Re: Game won't resume updating

★★★ Newbie

I DID IT, I can finally play Spore I am extremely happy!

Message 5 of 42 (32,306 Views)

Community Manager

@pugger60000 

Did you repair as above, or something else?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 42 (32,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry something completely different
Message 7 of 42 (32,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry my game is unplayable right now due to lag

Recently when i open the Apex application it is forcing me to select a "data center"

upon research i have learned it is best to pick the data center which has the lowest ping and lowest packet loss %

i followed those instructions and my game is lagging to the point where it is not playable still

no matter which data center i select the game is still not playable

why must i select a data center?? arent games supposed to place you in the best/correct server automatically?

someone please explain to me

what is a data center? what is packet loss %? this is ridiculous - i have never had to go through this with any other multiplayer game

my friend who lives within 10 miles does not have to select a data center and does not have any issue with lag

while in a party with him last night my chat would work perfectly fine while in pregame lobby but once we entered a match laggy gameplay and choppy communication started

after leaving the match and returning to lobby chat returned to normal

i place all the blame in this new data center feature - i just dont understand why it is a requirement for me and not my friend or other players

my internet connection is perfectly fine - i use LAN

i can confirm no issue with internet connection because i can play any other of my online multiplayer games with no issues or lag

i resorted to deleting the app and re-downloading last night after several disappointing and frustrating hours of horrible gameplay

still having issues

i would just like some explanation and resolution to this issue so i can continue to play one of my favorite games

i dont understand why i am forced to select a data center
Message 8 of 42 (32,264 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Close Origin & change your game folder name to anything else. Then open origin make sure it could update. Then close origin & rename the folder back to the original name & open origin. Tada~

Message 9 of 42 (32,221 Views)

★★★ Novice
@xen094 Thanks it worked
Message 10 of 42 (32,210 Views)