Apex is so laggy despite having decent specs

by emiliano200205

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex is so laggy despite having decent specs

★ Novice

I was actually playing Apex yesterday without a single problem, regularly at 70-90 fps, but now I can't even use the menu, cause it's running at like 0-1 fps. I didn't do anything to my computer, just turned it off after I was done playing the game

Message 1 of 4 (638 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex is so laggy despite having decent specs

Community Manager

Hi there, @emiliano200205 

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem and router. Also, shut down your PC. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Start up your PC and try playing again. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (596 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @emiliano200205 

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem and router. Also, shut down your PC. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Start up your PC and try playing again. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 4 (597 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, I found the source of the problem right after that; it seems that if you turn off your PC while you're on the main menu of the game, next time you turn it on the game is still running somehow in the background, but you cannot close it or anything, not even in the task manager, so I had to do a hard reset, a little overkill, but it fixed it. Next time it happens I'll try this, thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (555 Views)

Community Manager

@emiliano200205 

Thanks for the update on this. I'll keep that in mind for others with the same issue. If anything else comes up, please let us know. Good luck and have fun!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 4 (461 Views)