Apex freezes whole pc

by Sn0wH0und

Original Post

Apex freezes whole pc

★★ Novice

Hi, a few days ago, my game started freezing. I had to atl+F4 or task manager, but sometimes, it freezes my whole computer. I need to manually restart it. Is it just me and is there a way to fix this

Message 1 of 9 (14,806 Views)

Re: Apex freezes whole pc

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I also have this issue. S1 and S2 were fine, but with S3, my PC has hard-locked about 7 times already. I have to press the Reset button - no key combos respond, the mouse pointer is frozen. Happens during games and also in the Firing Range. No error messages are displayed and Windows Event Log records no errors. Apex crash log isn't written to. It's not temperature related - CPU and GPU are warm but certainly not overheating.

Win 10 x64

Ryzen 2600X (stock)

RTX 2080 (440.97)

16GB

1920 x 1080 240hz

Message 2 of 9 (14,756 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi  @Sn0wH0und , @AvgGrunt 

Delete temp files: open the Start Menu and type %temp%  in the Search field  or click in the Run option in the Start Menu and type %temp% in the Run field.Press Enter and a Temp folder should open. You can delete all files found in this folder, and if any files are in use, they can be skipped.

Restart your machine and check.

And maybe Thinking you may need to do a Clean Boot  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/  

-yahel_1

Retired champion.
Message 3 of 9 (14,728 Views)

★★ Novice
@yahel_1 Same problem here 2080ti i9900k eveyrthing on default settings 32 gig ram 3100mhz tried the delete temp files not a single crash yet i will try for a longer session how often do i have to delete the temp files?
Message 4 of 9 (14,636 Views)

★★★ Novice

ill try it deleting temp files too, have the same problem. keeping you up2date

Message 5 of 9 (14,633 Views)

★★ Novice

I was having this same issue not just with apex but with others games like COD MW, Borderlands 3. What I did and solved the problem I updated my bios to lastes version

my system is:

Rog Strix B450

Ryzen 5 2600

gtx 1080 gaming x

Win 10 1903

16gb ram 3200 Mhz

Hope this will help you

Message 6 of 9 (14,575 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how to fix this?

Message 7 of 9 (10,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

apex is doing this to my pc i have to restart it too

Message 8 of 9 (10,981 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

This is a pretty old thread that wasn't updated in quite a while so I've locked it to prevent further necro-posting. If you're seeing crashes after the Fight Night update that's an issue the Apex Legends team is working to get fixed. 

We've been tracking it over at the following thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Apex-causes-PC-freezes-CTDs/td-p/9898756/highlight/false

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (10,222 Views)