Apex freezes on the main menu then cuts to CE-34878-0 error. (PS4)

by IAmError16

Original Post

Apex freezes on the main menu then cuts to CE-34878-0 error. (PS4)

★★★ Newbie

My game was working just fine until a couple days ago when it started freezing on the main menu, then blue screening into a CE 34878-0 error code.  My PlayStation also doesn’t do so well with checking the status of the error, as it stays at 50% and refuses to go further.  I‘ve tried a variety of fixes that I’ve found on the internet, but none seem to work.

Is this an issue with the game or with my PS4?  It’s very possible that I have an HDR problem, but I have no reason to suspect that as the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (272 Views)

Re: Apex freezes on the main menu then cuts to CE-34878-0 error. (PS4)

Community Manager

Hi @IAmError16

That error code is the general error that comes up when an application stops working on PS4, so unfortunately it doesn't give us much context as to what might be causing these crashes. 

Let's try running through some troubleshooting steps to see if that helps at all. In some cases a crash like this can actually be the result of a connectivity issue, so I'd like to start there to see if that helps prevent it from happening again. A good place to start would be with the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. 

If you're still seeing crashes after that check out the PS4-specific steps as well. Let me know how it goes when you've got a chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (177 Views)