Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Apex error (code:leaf) Xbox One

by XwundoX

Original Post

Code Leaf: Party edition

★★★★ Novice

Context: A few months ago after whatever update Octane came with, I would party with my friend (Both on PC), queue up a match and as soon as we went to Character select screen, he would be forced out while I was able to continue (prior we've had 0 trouble playing with eachother). 

Now we're taking another crack at the game and the same thing happens but in reverse: He can go into the match, while right after the lobby has loaded, I get sent back to the season 1 title screen with a message something about servers not sync'ing  and error code: Leaf. 

I've been looking around forums and to little victory have deduced 3 things that are apparent: 1. Of the problems reported, no one I've seen mentioned getting a Code: leaf error while in party, just by themselves (specifically on PC). 2, a help article that basically said to restart router and if that didn't fix it, It was something on EA's end that is not fixable by the user. and 3, Someone saying they fixed it while tinkering inside of Msconfig. My dad being a computer tech I've grown up savvy enough to know things like Msconfig and regedit aren't stuff you want to mess with unless you really know what you're doing and half to at all costs since you can cause actual harm by being careless. 

Has anyone found a solution, or cause as to why I can play 100% of the time no problems, but if I queue with a friend in lobby I 100% of the time get a code:leaf and am sent back to the title screen?

Message 41 of 57 (614 Views)

Re: Data Center readily available pls, and code:leaf error fix

Community Manager

Hey all,

A patch is going live today for all platforms and while this issue is not listed as fixed, the Respawn Community Manager mentioned here the team is working on it.

Thanks for hanging in there with us.

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 42 of 57 (578 Views)

Re: Apex error (code:leaf) Xbox One

★★★★ Novice
PS4. Same issue
Message 43 of 57 (549 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@XIBangBang Error Code Leaf on my Xbox One too. So frustrating! I hope they fix it with next patch and hope we don't encounter new errors.
Message 44 of 57 (421 Views)

I cant connect keep getting code leaf? Anyone knows why?

★★★ Newbie

Cant connect to apex servers

Message 45 of 57 (411 Views)

Code Leaf

★★★★ Novice

Still have not been able to play a game of apex thanks to this error. hope this gets fixed soon. any news about this? it is starting to get ridiculous how long its taken to fix this issue

Message 46 of 57 (403 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I was at * 19 kills with 3 squads left And the servers * up, if they don't fix anything people la Gonna start leaving the game And ir is gonna die

Message 47 of 57 (356 Views)

★★★ Guide

I get code leaf constantly im connected to the best servers for where I live in central Canada St Louis 105 or New York 120. I never had this problem prior to the update I have over 700 hours of trouble free game play. I couldnt complete the hunt challenges because of this.

The problem is the game requires way too much data compared to all other battle royals they need to optimize the game by reducing un needed data like banner all over with kill counters and map data from people 2km away.

Message 48 of 57 (331 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

We have an update on the code:leaf error here. We'll continue to update this post regarding developments around that specific error.

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 49 of 57 (302 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here. Code leaf every game. 

Message 50 of 57 (152 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help