Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Code:Leaf...it's getting terribly annoying now..

by ThatFawkzi

Original Post

CRAZY Lag and Connection Issues

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Acer Aspire E17 series Processor: Intel Core i5 7200U, Intel Core i7 5500U Graphics Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 840M, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
Enter RAM memory size in GB 7.9GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Sagekko
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound//Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Got disconnected in lobby, got disconnected during matches. Insane lag during both. Disconnected with code:leaf
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to load in, dropping, just playing the game...
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? A few, like 5. Now it continues to happen, match after match, all damn day.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 08.06.19 11:00am-4:30pm EST
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When I'm trying to start the match, the brief "Apex Legends" Screen that opens before you pick your legends sometimes will open, then re-open, then re-open again and again until it disconnects me usually with [Code:leaf]. Sometimes I'll succeed through the choosing legends and the lag will begin on the drop. Players appear not to be moving, then appear in another location, delayed responses to pings and clicking, etc. Normal lag stuff, just really severe. Sometimes the lag won't begin until during a match, but once it starts, it doesn't stop until you're disconnected.
What should be happening instead? I can't expect absolutely no lag, it happens, but the constant disconnecting and severe lag is really depressing. I'd expect less disconnecting and lag, something on your end must be wrong.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know much about it, but maybe inspect or restart your servers? Not really sure.

This is an example of how it might begin during the match; I began the match just fine, dropped at runoff and then lag began when I entered the pit to loot. There were 6 squads left in Elite, I opened a legendary loot tick and got a fully kitted r301. Then immediately after I left the pit I was disconnected. [Code:leaf]. I don't know what's going on with your servers, but it's been an issue today and I'm really upset. I have been disconnected 21 times today. It's incredibly frustrating.

Message 31 of 58 (395 Views)
Highlighted

Code:Leaf...it's getting terribly annoying now..

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I know this is going to be addressed in the next patch but good lord it's getting annoying. Season 2 hype and the hunt challenges brought me back to the game, even to th epoint where I was willing to set my hatred of the OP energy weapons aside but Code:Leaf is driving me away again.

When this game is good..it's DAMN GOOD but when this sorta stuff happens? It's just demotivating.

It's getting worse and worse the more I try to play the game. Just constantly thrown back to the start-up screen after I try and search for a game and then eventually, after I've been booted back to the start-up screen enough times the game just stops trying to connect entirely so I have to kill the aplication and restart it.

Message 32 of 58 (384 Views)

Re: Apex error (code:leaf) Xbox One

★ Apprentice

I can never get into a match with my little brother. We can play literally any other game online with no problems at all but when we try to do apex together it just refuses to work. I don't know what respawn has done with their connections but for some reason it just will never work when we try and party up. We can play with random just fine but when it's the two of us it just crashes every time

Message 33 of 58 (475 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It’s not the games devs fault respawn in not involved with ea’s side of things. It’s the servers I’ve done a UOtrace used a diffrent login I use a lan (Ethernet) cable I clear MAC address everything. Nothing has worked instead of ea giving ninja that 1million they should have used it on their servers instead!

Message 34 of 58 (428 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’ve called ea multiple times and still no solution I’ve done all of the connection error stuff it’s simply the servers, instead of EA paying ninja 1mil you guys should have spent it on upgrading/ new servers....

Message 35 of 58 (430 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Run through the connection error help guide if nothing fixes call EA and still no fix it’s useless until they upgrade or get new servers man

Message 36 of 58 (535 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This issue has nothing to do with respawn they are simply the game developers and EA is the host for their game

Message 37 of 58 (535 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Code leaf is an unknown disconnection

Message 38 of 58 (535 Views)

Re: Data Center readily available pls, and code:leaf error fix

★★★★ Novice

Are you on console or PC?

Message 39 of 58 (535 Views)

Re: Data Center readily available pls, and code:leaf error fix

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Attempting connection 9 of 9.

Every other game is a code leaf!

Love how they ask to please check your internet connection as if this was an issue on my end!

You really gotta fix your [Removed - CM] EA!

Message 40 of 58 (479 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help