Re: Apex error (code:leaf) Xbox One

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Community Manager

Experienced this error myself last night with some friends. It eventually went away after partying back up but we've seen others mention this here and on other channels too.

For those on PC there is another post on it here.

PlayStation 4 users can find a post on it here.

It looks like power cycling the console and network can help. We recommend trying that while we forward this to the Apex Legends team to review.

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Xbox One:

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 58 (4,047 Views)

★ Novice

This is becoming ridiculous I just wanna play the new update but now I can't because my games continues to disconnect after two minutes in a match.

Message 12 of 58 (4,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought this was only happening to me cuz my some friends I play with don’t have an issue at all 

Message 13 of 58 (3,992 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And what if this isn’t the problem 

Message 14 of 58 (3,986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No help what so freaking ever. If i had the power of god. Id obliterated every last one of the buffoons who so much as aided in the making of Apex. Even the slightest thought towards the productions. This is the most pitifully maintenanced game of all time and i can vouch that even Rainbow Six Siege and the garbage Ubisoft servers are tenfold better than Apex EA and Respawn all combined into one company. I am a dedicated player but about ready to do the same to Apex as i did with Anthem. Downloaded then deleted. I had Apex the day it cane

out and was level 100 within the next two weeks or less. Fix this please. Stop telling us to do stuff that does NOT work NOR come close to even addressing the issue

Message 15 of 58 (3,978 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just downloaded the game for the first time because my WiFi wasn’t good enough to play online games. I tried many times to do the training and I get the code leaf error. I tried joining a friend and we got into the set up of a game and then I got disconnected again. I don’t understand what’s happening but it’s extremely annoying. I have done the same stupid training 10 times because I can never get all the way to the end before it crashes again. I have been able to play any other online game like fort nite but can’t play apex so my connection isn’t the issue. I also reset my ps4 and nothing changed. I hope this gets resolved soon so I can actually try this game out

Message 16 of 58 (3,945 Views)

★ Novice

Code Leaf on both my Xbox and PC. Wish there was an explanation as to what CodeLeaf referred to, that way we could track down the problem.

Message 17 of 58 (3,930 Views)

Code:leaf time out/connection loss (for PC)

★★★ Newbie

Game crashing once I've reached top 3.  Getting following error: Timed out, [code:leaf] go visit ea.com/unable-to-connect.  I am not playing with any settings in game or on my pc.  I am not loosing connection in wifi or elsewhere, as streaming and VoIP do not drop or anything while I am playing.  This has only happened to me when I've reached top 2 or 3 squads, and it is getting suspicious and irritating.

Message 18 of 58 (3,729 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@hdobrott17 wrote:

I just downloaded the game for the first time because my WiFi wasn’t good enough to play online games. I tried many times to do the training and I get the code leaf error. I tried joining a friend and we got into the set up of a game and then I got disconnected again. I don’t understand what’s happening but it’s extremely annoying. I have done the same stupid training 10 times because I can never get all the way to the end before it crashes again. I have been able to play any other online game like fort nite but can’t play apex so my connection isn’t the issue. I also reset my ps4 and nothing changed. I hope this gets resolved soon so I can actually try this game out

Thanks for power cycling the PS4. I received this error myself when I got home to play and after doing the steps for the Xbox One above (power cycle, MAC Address, unplug internet for 5 minutes) and it worked. 

Did you also reboot the internet too? We understand you can play other games so it's not necessarily an overall connection issue with your network, but the current link you have when connecting to our servers that needs to be refreshed.

We've seen reports on this though on these forums, social media, and the Apex Legends Subreddit. The team has been made aware and investigating.

Blueberry.png
Message 19 of 58 (3,714 Views)

★ Expert

Also from Canada, Quebec, using the NY server, lowest one I could find, but packet loss is really bad, and I basically lose all my gun fights now since this update launched. Lag is horrendous, renders the game's fun factor to practically lame and boring now.

Message 20 of 58 (3,707 Views)