Re: Apex error (code leaf) ????? PC

by Lambdatros

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@mrxcracked96, System Idle don't use your system resources. It just only shows percent of CPU inactive time. To your answer I can add that not the game freezing, only your character freezes. Because sometimes you are able to join to training room, but after few seconds your character freezes and in the right corner of the screen you can see red indicator (looks like speedometer). And in the training room you can hear all sounds and see all visual effects like moving dust storm. So, I think, it is the problem with packet exchanging. But, the main question, why it happens after last update of game? It happens to me with two different ISP in the house. Maybe something was changed in the connection type of game and now if you have latency bigger than some value your packets are lost (just theory) and you will see this red indicator.

Message 11 of 37 (14,632 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I tried to disable Windows Firewall and Defender, to clean cache of Origin, to reinstall the game but the issue still persist.
Message 12 of 37 (14,629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply. @Zashekanko 

I forgot to tell that I have that issue since the beginning of the game (in February). Since then I'm having this problem hoping some update gonna fix it but never happened.

My last try will be:
Reinstall SO (clean installation) on a SSD and install apex inside. Maybe do a difference.

Message 13 of 37 (14,620 Views)

★ Apprentice

hey everyone, thank you for your help 

i think i fixed the problem so i'll tell you what i found, for now i didn't have the time to test if the issue is still gone but last time i tried everything was fine. 

Which mean that if i don't update this post it mean that it fixed my issue 

First of all : DO NOT MESS WITH MSCONFIG IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING (it's probably while trying stuff with msconfig that i broke apex in the first place)

(please don't do things I say if you don't know what you are doing) you can probably break your computer if you do random things and i'm not a pro at all so maybe what i say is a terrible idea and will break your computer even more

recently i noticed that when i lunch (Windo+R)/msconfig/startup/advanced options when i tick the box number of processors i could choose only one 

however I have an intel core i5 which is supposed to have processors  (same problem in: task manager/performance i could only see 1 (processor/core/heart idk the translation in english sorry) out of 4 and 1 logic processor out of 4 

(to know how much core i was supposed to have i searched on google)

- I tried to fix that problem and it ended up fixing my apex problem : i just went into (Windo+R)/msconfig/startup/advanced options/ unticked the 2 boxes : number of processors and maximum memory

- then i restarted my computer 

- then i downloaded ADWcleaner and i lunched an analyse which deleted 2 malwares(idk what it was but there was 2 error fixed)

- restarted my computer 

- lunched :  task manager/performance and i noticed that my 4 cores were back, same in msconfig and when i lunched apex, the game was much less laggy plus i did not encountered my error for the 3 games i played 

thank you again for everyone who tried to help me, you are the best and i hope my post will help some of you ( please tell me if something i said should not be done (i'm not an expert in computer so if someone says it can break a computer i will remove this post) 

Message 14 of 37 (78,950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Pucedark wrote:
Same here for PS4 since last update yesterday !!

Did you find any solution ? I'm stuck with this error also on ps4...

Message 15 of 37 (14,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

No solution, until they fix their servers or whatever it is.

Message 16 of 37 (14,165 Views)

★★ Novice

:eahigh_file: Solved for me with the last patch (update)

Message 17 of 37 (13,905 Views)

Latest Patch need to be fixed.

★★★ Apprentice

I get a last patch for this game but, sometimes get error with this line;

"Connection to server timed out (code: leaf)"

Message 18 of 37 (13,858 Views)

Apex Legends:Time out connection to server getting codes (leaf) and (wheel)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Does anyone know how to fix this or what is causing this to happen. I use console-Xbox. I travel for work a lot so im usually in a hotel like now. Ive never had this happen before but, what i get is: load up Apex. Login. Y to start match. Kings Canyon loading screen the (connection to server timed out) usually coupled with error codes(leaf,wheel) nothing on either of them. Ive hard reset power cycled disconnecting wifi changing port selection changing primary and secondary DNS deleting Apex clearing MAC address and not to mention lastly, trying half the servers in the data center. NOTHING WORKED. Apex is such trash that those of us with problem will probably have it for like 3 weeks till they decide to update the game. Anyone found a way to fix this for XBOX yet or even something i might can rearrange from a PS4 user? Thank guys!

Message 19 of 37 (13,927 Views)

Re: Apex Legends:Time out connection to server getting codes (leaf) and (wheel)

★★★ Novice

I’m having the same problem. It sucks. I just downloaded the game

Message 20 of 37 (13,919 Views)