Apex crashing since season 3 - access violation, close to desktop errors

by Bjzor

Original Post

Re: Apex crashing since season 3 - access violation, close to desktop errors

★ Apprentice

Honestly, don't bother trying the thousand and one "workarounds" that don't work at all. There is a fundamental problem with the game engine. Search the error codes you get when you crash and half the results are for titanfall/battlefield. There is basically nothing you can actually do other than pray for good luck and hope one day the crashes might be solved. Seeing as the game is nearing a year from release, and the errors are found in other games by EA using the same engine, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I built a brand new computer between S2 and S3 and the game crashes more now than before even with a higher-end system. It's just random as hell.

Message 21 of 41 (1,056 Views)

Community Manager

@Bjzor 

Have you tried turning down the Texture Streaming Budget from the in-game settings?

Have you updated BIOS lately?

Blueberry.png
Message 22 of 41 (993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_BlueberryI have had that on the lowest setting always, everything is on lowest except TSAA is on. I used BIOS version 0805 (which is Sep '18 release) until yesterday which I just upgraded to newest.

Update: since upgrading to latest BIOS i haven't had any crashes yet in like 10 games, only one alt-tabbing in-out for a milisecond. Reseted BIOS settings, turned off lighting on MOBO, then OC'd to 4.8ghz all core.I will keep testing it.

Message 23 of 41 (3,726 Views)

Re: Crashes since start of Season 3!

★★★★ Novice

THIS TIME WITH AN ERROR!
WE MAKING PROGRESS!"

Message 24 of 41 (931 Views)

Community Manager

@Noah0302v2 

Can you attach a DxDiag for us please?

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 41 (923 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry Another 3 crashes without error today btw.

I don't know how often I have to send those errors until you fix this.
I was sending those as far back as pre season 1...

Message 26 of 41 (913 Views)

Community Manager

@Noah0302v2 

Can you try unplugging all of your devices from your PC other than the keyboard, mouse, and headset? I've seen random devices cause compatibility issues with the game before. Looks like you have some tablets, cameras, and other devices hooked up.

Do you use any specific lighting software? Try disabling those to see if you can avoid the crashes so we can narrow it down to whether those could be related. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 27 of 41 (879 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_BlueberryThank you for the help previously, after having the BIOS updated and the OC recalibrated I haven't had crashes yet, game runs stable and smooth. Kudos to you.

Message 28 of 41 (834 Views)

Community Manager

@Bjzor wrote:

@EA_BlueberryThank you for the help previously, after having the BIOS updated and the OC recalibrated I haven't had crashes yet, game runs stable and smooth. Kudos to you.

@Bjzor 

Awesome.

Blueberry.png
Message 29 of 41 (817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Noah0302v2
You wanna know what happened today?
I crashed without error!
Unbelieveable right?

[Removed - CM]