Apex crashing on startup

by Wannnted

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex crashing on startup

★★ Guide

Yesterday I was able to play without any issues.

I didn't made any changes, today I simply just wasn't able to play Apex, everytime I start the game, I'm unable to get past the black loading screen with the looping red Apex logo in the bottom right, the game just closes, no error message.

I already repaired the game on Origin, uninstalled origin/apex/Microsoft C++.

Message 1 of 7 (645 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex crashing on startup

★★ Guide
Not really, the only thing is, I left Origin opened at the my work PC were I had been playing Apex.

When I got home I had to force log out of Origin and "Log in anyway", that's when the issue started, the next day when I got to my work pc, I had the error, pressed "repair" it got fixed on both ends.

Perhaps the issue was not closing Origin properly? Who knows.. it's sorted, i'm happy Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (557 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Wannnted 

Have you tried changing the DNS manually? That's working for others in this post.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 7 (611 Views)

★★ Guide
I have two accounts, this is only happening on my "main account", on my other account, it's working.
I tried on a different PC, same thing, only my main account wouldn't work, out of nowhere it started working on the different PC.
Will try again when I get home.
Message 3 of 7 (603 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry it's also working out of nowhere at home, strange!

Message 4 of 7 (592 Views)

Community Manager

@Wannnted 

Excellent! Were there any steps you took at all that could have possibly helped though?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (567 Views)

★★ Guide
Not really, the only thing is, I left Origin opened at the my work PC were I had been playing Apex.

When I got home I had to force log out of Origin and "Log in anyway", that's when the issue started, the next day when I got to my work pc, I had the error, pressed "repair" it got fixed on both ends.

Perhaps the issue was not closing Origin properly? Who knows.. it's sorted, i'm happy Standard smile
Message 6 of 7 (558 Views)

Community Manager

@Wannnted 

Very strange. It sounds like it could have been related to cloud saves for Origin. (Cloud Storage can be disabled under Origin's Application Settings)

Anyways, thanks for getting back and glad it's fixed! Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 7 (547 Views)