Apex crashing every few minutes on PC

by nohm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex crashing every few minutes on PC

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Apex is crashing like crazy on my PC with the new update. I haven't seen it crash this often ever before. I played Olympus for weeks with zero crashes at all and now today WE is back and I'm crashing every single round. Seems like every season there's a mini-patch introduced which starts the crashing yet again and today's update is no different. This is on steam version if that helps. 

Message 1 of 30 (3,835 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex crashing every few minutes on PC

Community Manager

Thanks for the updates!

Have you had the chance to try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC before launching Apex Legends to see if that helps at all? If there's anything else running on the PC that's related to the crashes that may help to get around it. For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website

Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 30 (3,595 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @nohm

Are you getting any error messages when the game crashes? If so, what is the full error message you've been seeing? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 30 (3,779 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent I’m getting Code leaf repeatedly can’t even get in a game
Message 3 of 30 (3,758 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tastydr

Can we try running through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can help out with the Code:Leaf errors you've been getting? A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. 

Those steps can help out with a lot of the most common issues we see, but if you're still running into the same error after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 30 (3,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the reply! No, there's no error message. I've tried verifying the cache and it still crashes. I'm running fps locked at my refresh rate as well. Here are my system specs

CPU: Intel i9-10900k

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3090

RAM: G.Skill DDR4 4000 MHz 16GB

Mobo: Asus Maximus XII Hero

Message 5 of 30 (3,725 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent Yeah I’ve tried resetting my pc turning off my router. Even hooked up my Xbox and did the same exact thing. Everytime I load into a game gets to the character select And boots me off from code leaf
Message 6 of 30 (3,717 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent Every other game plays fine like cod,valorant,fortnite I guess I just can’t connect to the apex servers I don’t know what could be causing it
Message 7 of 30 (3,715 Views)

★★★ Novice

mine crashes all the time.

intel i5 9600k

everything else is fine!

cant even play anymore

Message 8 of 30 (3,673 Views)

★★ Expert

I have the same after the latest small patch. No message error at all. Just crashes to desktop.

I am attaching my dxdiag.txt

Message 9 of 30 (3,633 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the updates!

Have you had the chance to try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC before launching Apex Legends to see if that helps at all? If there's anything else running on the PC that's related to the crashes that may help to get around it. For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website

Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 30 (3,596 Views)