Apex continues to disconnect in the middle of my game!!!

by VeryRareSensei

Original Post

Re: Apex continues to disconnect in the middle of my game!!!

★★★ Newbie
@VeryRareSensei All platforms having same problem and even ranked games… got penalty without reason many times.
Message 51 of 55 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my apex game disconnect when a enmi valkiry uses her special abbility close to me i lose points and get 10min cooldown because of it 

Message 52 of 55 (854 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue in 2022. I don't understand how EA can continue to be so neglectful about something so easily fixable. Like other players have said on this thread, all other games I'm playing that require internet run flawlessly.

FIX IT. INSTEAD OF CONDESCENDING AND GASLIGHTING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. "OH, it's your internet!" No, it's not. It's y'all. Get your crap together EA. smh

Message 53 of 55 (681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm a computer engineer and I can with absolute certainty there is no issue on my end. Here is my experience with Apex for the past three months (since I started playing):

- 95% of the time I get a "your profile is not permitted to play online". I just select a different server and try again in about 30 seconds. I for some reason am not allowed to connect to the top 20 servers that I have the best connection to

- Sometimes my ping is around 60, but I'd say 75% of the time it is 90-120ms

- The past week I am getting disconnected about every 2-3 minutes from Apex, it is completely unplayable 

I dunno what to say. I think the first issue is matchmaking. I can see that Apex is making connections to different IPs each game. They have multiple vlans at each datacenter, but I do rotate through them. I notice that the easier games have always been with higher latency. Based on the thousands of people on Reddit talking about it, I think the matchmaking system connects you to datacenters based on your skill level and how well you have been playing lately. Sounds weird, but I capture the packets from every game I play and when I am on a roll, I my latency keeps getting lower until I am getting beamed instantly. I lose a few, and I see the new datacenter connections, my ping increases, and my opponents suck. 

I have just over 30 days of logging. I have two friends in which I enabled logging for them but they have only been doing so for less than a week so I will not draw any conclusions. With that said, the exact same trend happens with them as well.

I believe Apex purposely tries to keep you from ranking up. They want you winning just enough to keep coming back and purchasing all those items. I mean, at this point, it is absolutely clear.

Message 54 of 55 (491 Views)

★ Novice

i get disconnected every single game to windows with no error whatsoever, tried veryfing files on steam unninstalled anticheat installed it back, set my whole pc to default not oc from dos, installed every single version of nvidia drivers so it's not that, im out of ideas as to why it keeps disconnecting me every game with no error

Message 55 of 55 (251 Views)