Apex constant freezing.

by VanixBTW

Original Post

Apex constant freezing.

★ Apprentice

Apex constantly freezes, doesn't give a error prompt at the end, what can I do??? 

My GPU is an RX480

Message 1 of 8 (873 Views)

Re: Apex constant freezing.

@VanixBTW I've had the same problem since the beginning of the season
Message 2 of 8 (831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

A lot of people seem to have the same problem.
Constant freeze ups due to the game cant handle fluctuations in the system. 

I heard pcs that are overclocked are hit harder.
Mine auto out of the box and with overclocked both freeze.

Running a 3900x with a 1080ti.

Message 3 of 8 (821 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@VanixBTW I have been having the same issue on Xbox little freeze ups. A second long, few times a min. In game and in lobby
Message 4 of 8 (782 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem with the rx 570.. After Windows october update i'm having freezer After few minutes on all my games (Apex Legends, for honor and Batman Arkham knight)... I've tried a lot of things: check RAM and hdd integrity, reinstall games, reinstall Windows, reinstall vc_redist, malware and virus Scan, update GPU driver, downgrade GPU driver, update hardware drivers (monitor, CPU, USB, audio, ecc), SFC/scannow with zero violatons, checked PSU, GPU, CPU and motherboard cable, play with less core or with max fps level, disable vsync, play in Window mode.. and other stuff.. I don't know what to do anymore.. everything I try, games freezes PC After 2-5 min.. sometimes with bsod and sometimes with a buzz audio and video freeze..

PC spec: i5 4460, 8gb ram, rx 570 4gb

Before Windows october update i've played with zero crash Batman Arkham knight at high settings at 60fps.. Also for Honor 200+hours of games without problems..

Yesterday i've done a stress test with AIDA64 and it told me that the TdrDelay was too low so suggested me to set it to high, and it does. The stress test finished without problems, temp stayed under 40° because i have 5 fans in the case (3 for air flow-out and 2 for air flow-in), gpu and cpu goes well, also the RAM. So i don't know wher's the problem. I will try games and let you know. Before this test i've done a malware scan with windows malware tool and with malwerbytes: zero results.

UPDATE: i've update LAN drivers, restarted and started a game (apex legends).
After 2 min during the game (not lobby) PC freeze: 2 sec with video freeze and buzz audio and then black screen + buzz audio. I'm suspceting that ther's something wrong with the amd drivers, i have the 19.9.2 and i've done yet a clean unistall with DDU in safe mode and i've installed the latest 2 drivers 19.10.1 and 19.9.2, and then 19.7.3 and 19.2.1 but nothing changed (before any install i've done a DDU clean-up).

UPDATE 2: I've done again a clean with AMD clean utility and installed 19.10.1. This time game causes BSOD for 1 sec without freeze and shotdown the PC into a reboot loop.

UPDATE 3: I've done again a clean with DDU and installe 19.7.5 but i'm scared to try it in games. 

Message 5 of 8 (770 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Jaggho_YT Its not your pc. Its apex legends...
Message 6 of 8 (759 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Kartofeeeeel Yes, but not only Apex. Becuase these freeze are happening also in other games: 2-5 min of gameplay and the PC freeze or shotdown. I had this problem in the past with Assassin's Creed origins and the problem was the driver, solved with a downgrade. So i think that maybe the latest amd are also the problem, not only apex. If you go on Tom's hardware or AMD support forum you will see a lot of people with RX series gpu with this problem and nobody as found a solution. We have to wait updates from AMD or Respawn and hope the fix this as soon as possible.
Message 7 of 8 (756 Views)

★ Apprentice

That sucks, I would still stress test the GPU and CPU.
Run Memtest86
And then work my way down to the power supply. 

See if any of the components are faulty.
My last system with a 6700k. Both cpu, motherboard and ram had issues. Took me 6 months to change all 3 parts Standard smile and after that it worked like a charm

Message 8 of 8 (749 Views)