Re: Apex chat text to speech crash (xbox)

by FreeW1ll74

Original Post

Apex chat text to speech crash (xbox)

★ Novice

Every time I send a chat text, it makes me freeze for a second and it makes one teammate's game crash. It happens 80% of the time and, It does it only on the first message. it also has a rare chance to crash the entire xbox.

Message 1 of 11 (4,215 Views)

Community Manager

Are you referring to the "Convert Incoming Voice to Chat Text" option in-game?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 11 (4,142 Views)

★ Novice

Any time you hit the select to bring up the game chat to communicate to tram mates with no mic the game freezes for one or more on your team. Almost every time now. Its getting worse not better  the first time you use it in a match you can not hear it your aelf to know if it went thru. After the first time it worked the rest of that game. Until recently. Now it doesnt work and just messes up the game play. Is EA aware of this and is there a fix?

Message 3 of 11 (3,480 Views)

Select to chat freezes game and kicks one or more of the team out of game

★ Novice

Prior to recent update you could hit select to chat with the team if they had no mics. The first use of every game you could not hear if it worked. Sometines it did sometimes it didn't. After the first use it worked perfect  the entire game. Since last update. Its been horrible  First day i got kicked to home screen 8 out of 10 matches. I have now noticed if you try to use your select button to chat at all it will kick you and or part if your team out of the game to home screen. Not a small lag but kicked from the game. Every time its used by any one on your team . Is EA aware of this and is there a solution? Its made the game worthless to play unless you have a full squad on mics already. 

Message 4 of 11 (3,461 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry
He’s talking about the text ability in which you can type something into a prompt that appears if you hold down the button to the left of the home button(the back button). If you do it it crashes your game while your playing but if you do it while spectating your teammate it crashes their game. I’ve used it to crash some toxic teammates I’m not gonna lie- it should probably be fixed.
Message 5 of 11 (3,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@JolT_Fonz_TTV42 when is this going to get fixed?
Message 6 of 11 (3,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hold select.

Menu type input pops up

Try typing. Sometimes it will let you type

When you send (or before you send) it crashes

Message 7 of 11 (3,022 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yeah its happened to me a couple times today so im looking for solutions but looks like its an old problem i just have to get lucky with it stopping.

Message 8 of 11 (2,261 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah this is a never ending over every patch problem and they should be more aware then this thread is being.

Message 9 of 11 (2,142 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Yup this is a big problem that should be fixed
Message 10 of 11 (1,872 Views)