Re: Apex causing my mic to cut out on discord

by EA_Kent

Original Post

★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

No problem, and no when i shut the game down it doesnt cut out at all and it only happens when im in game, its alright on the menu but when im loading/in a game it cuts out.

Message 11 of 33 (6,445 Views)

Community Manager

@Default_the_bro 

Thanks! I appreciate the details. 

It's definitely odd that it would only be happening during an actual round. What's your in-game audio set up? Did you make any changes to the voice chat settings? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 12 of 33 (6,414 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

No problem and no all ive altered is the volume in game,etc, nothing that could possibly mess anything up from what i know.

Message 13 of 33 (6,395 Views)

Community Manager

@Default_the_bro 

I wonder if this might be a problem with the game data itself. Have you been able to try repairing Apex Legends in Origin to see if that makes any difference? If you right-click on the game in your Origin library you'll see a Repair option when the menu comes up. 

Let me know if that makes any difference at all. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 14 of 33 (6,365 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Yes i have tried that before, sorry for not mentioning but yes i have and the problem still occurs.

Message 15 of 33 (6,326 Views)

Community Manager

@Default_the_bro 

No worries, thanks for following up. 

Do you have the Origin in-game overlay currently active? If so, can we try disabling that as well to see if it makes any difference? I've seen some cases where Origin in-game can cause some weird issues. 

If you open up the Origin client Settings and click on the In-Game tab you should see an option there to toggle Origin in-game on or off. If it's currently active try disabling it and see if that helps at all with your mic in Discord. Let me know what happens once you have a chance to try it out. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 16 of 33 (6,289 Views)

★ Novice

i am sorry for interrupting but the same problem is happining to me too ... it is an issue in the game it self ... please fix it

Message 17 of 33 (5,560 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @UN4GOTTEN-GAMER

I'd like to see there's anything else we can try that might help fix this issue. When you have the chance could you share a DxDiag so we can take a look? For more information on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website

Once you have the DxDiag file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 18 of 33 (5,534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any news on this?

Only mic problems I have are when I play Apex. Crackling in Discord begins as soon as the Apex loading screen appears. I've tried disabling everything you mentioned, still crackles.

Message 19 of 33 (5,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I would like to add to this, as I am experiencing it too, and it is still an issue.

Analogue mic through a USB Focusrite interface, working fine in everything unless Apex legends happens to run, in which case it starts cutting out, but only in Discord.

Listening back at the source is clear, recording it is clear as well. 

Message 20 of 33 (5,301 Views)