Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex causing computer to shut down

★★ Novice

Intel i5-7600k
Geforce GTX 970

EVGA BR 600 W 80+

Asus PRIME Z270-K

For seemingly no reason while playing Apex my computer shuts itself off. It's not like a crash its as if I had hit the power button on my case its a clean shutdown.

I've been monitoring my temps and my Cpu never goes above 70 and my GPU stays below 75.

I first thought my power supply could be dying as its quite old but this ONLY happens with Apex Legends.

I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers from 2/4/2019. I'm currently downgrading them to see if that helps.

My only thought is that its a bug with Apex but it's such a strange thing I have no idea how to fix it.

if any of you have a suggestion it would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 13 (16,955 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex causing computer to shut down

★★ Novice

Well, it seems I'm boo boo the fool because it totally was my drivers. ig don't use the new Nvidia drivers if you wanna play this game

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (16,934 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Well, it seems I'm boo boo the fool because it totally was my drivers. ig don't use the new Nvidia drivers if you wanna play this game

Message 2 of 13 (16,935 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem with the same gpu did reverting your drivers actually help?

Message 3 of 13 (16,606 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey sorry for the late reply but if you're still having the issue I found it it was not my drivers. I had a friend offer to build my computer and he forgot to remove a standoff that was right behind my GPU. From what I can tell when apex would crash (on it's on for just being apex) my motherboard would shift JUST enough to ground itself to my case and shut off my computer. Realistically unless something is really * there will be no way for your computer to shut down from Apex. I  would check your hardware, look for a loose screw of a missed standoff and if you cant find anything you may have a damaged board.

Message 4 of 13 (15,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How come i can play this game for a week without an error but since yesterday my pc keep restarting whenever im playing apex. Like 15-40 minutes into the game

Message 5 of 13 (15,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same Problem. Just in Apex my PC crashes.

I dont have see there any way to fix this problem. 

Specs:

Intel i7 6700k

Gtx 1080

Cpu Watercooled on not more then 50 degrees.

GPU not more then 65 degrees 

Corsair RM750i 750W ATX24

Message 6 of 13 (15,482 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

and me too..hooow???

Message 7 of 13 (14,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just experienced this myself. After countless tries - disabling STeam, Razer Synapse, Discord, GOG, etc. I've finally found that when Gforce Experience is set to Optymize game crashes either on main menu or after going to video settings. Without optymization from nvidia Experience, game works normally. IDK if this is the case but I have 21:9 monitor and native resulotion of 2560x1080 and Apex is warning me that in Advanced settings I'm trying to set "texture streaming" or whatever it is called in English to more than is sugested.

Message 8 of 13 (13,237 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Errelli0n How do I disable them
Message 9 of 13 (10,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its 2021 and this problem is still happening and its always when I am playing with someone and talking on discord I play for hours and it never shuts off or shows my monitor saying no signal, its annoying tbh i cant even play 1 match for more then 10 min because it says no signal found.

Message 10 of 13 (5,382 Views)