Apex causes a black screen PC

by LadySoley

Original Post

Re: Apex causes a black screen PC

Champion

Heya, I got some suggestions to update your core hardware.
Constant hardware issues even after updating should not happen in most cases, it could indicate older core drivers or Bios's are not compatible with the new GPU drivers.

Lets update the Bios and drivers that the GPU connects to to improve system stability, from what i remember; its critical for Ryzen systems to be up to date as their achitecture is so new.

From what i gather from your Dxd, your motherboard should be the X470 gaming plus from MSI.

You can get the bios here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X470-GAMING-PLUS#down-bios

A guide is mentioned below the Bios tab and the Bios download at the top is the latest one you need.

After that go to the Driver tab, download and install the latest driver in the highlighted sections:

Once done, lets clean reinstall the GPU driver just incase you had a bad install;

download this, run it and click the clean and restart button.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then download and install the latest GPU driver here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If this does not work then its a issue with either the OS or hardware at which point we can eliminate drivers being the issue. Standard smile

Message 11 of 17 (2,002 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your response! I appreciate it a lot, i figured out my bios is from 12/2018, i hope that this is causing the issue,  i have to buy now an USB stick to be able to update it. Im not sure how long it will take me to get one, when its done i will post again if it helped Standard smile 

Thanks for your time and your help LadySoley!

Message 12 of 17 (1,984 Views)

★★ Novice

Do you have again the issue ? My bios is up to date and I have tested same things as you. After 1 game returning to lobby or when I when I want to join a party i have a black screen … help please 

Message 13 of 17 (1,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have installed Apex legend for the third time, and still have the same problem.
After I run the game, it loads normally till click left mouse button to continue. After a few seconds, the app stops responding and never responds, I waited 5 hours today. 

I have literally tried all the fixes I could read, none worked, and I am so mad that I am almost crying.

My PC specs are

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Ram 8 GB
Graphics Card - Intel HD Graphics 4000

Need the help very quickly, please...

Message 14 of 17 (1,749 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@LadySoley The issue was the overclocked RTX 2070, with using afterburn to downclock it, did it work perfectly, i even replaced the graphiccard a few days laters just in case. I hope my solution helps others as well Standard smile
Message 15 of 17 (1,411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem believe it or not, someone told me to turn off UAC and it worked !! for some god damn reason lol

Message 16 of 17 (729 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im getting the same problem in 2022 ive tried everything and it is still happening PLS HELP Frown

Message 17 of 17 (535 Views)