Apex causes a black screen PC

by LadySoley

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex causes a black screen PC

★★★★ Novice

Hello lovely people Standard smile

Since a few days im getting mostly a black screen when it comes to the step to click something in the Apex lobby. I hear my fans turning the speed up and after a second i get my screen black, i have to do a cold restart on my pc to try it again and again till apex is running. I have tried already a few things to fix this problem, even installed older version of nvidia, i checked this forum if someone else has the same problem, so far i couldnt solve my problem.

My pc is 3 months old, i have a RTX2070, SSD Evo plus, MSi X470 Gaming Pro etc. Apex was running smoothly without any problems on my Pc so far.

Please, if anyone knows a solution or if you need more information, let me know and i will try my best.

Thanks LadySoley Standard smile

Message 1 of 17 (16,021 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex causes a black screen PC

Community Manager

Thanks, I appreciate it! Have you had a chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps at all? If there's anything else running alongside the game that may be causing the black screens that may allow us to get around it. 

For more info on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still running into the same black screen issue afterward. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 17 (15,922 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @LadySoley

When you have the chance can you grab a DxDiag and attach it to this thread? For more info on how to find the file check out the EA Help website

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 17 (15,968 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hope that is what you are asking for Standard smile thanks for your time and help! LadySoley

Message 3 of 17 (15,964 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I made apex running as administrator and now the same problem during the game, black screen, fans up, screen says no connection and i still can talk with my friends in discord. sighs, and today the new event starts Frown

Message 4 of 17 (15,934 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks, I appreciate it! Have you had a chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps at all? If there's anything else running alongside the game that may be causing the black screens that may allow us to get around it. 

For more info on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still running into the same black screen issue afterward. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 17 (15,923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your help, after following the steps and the first restart, did it crash once, ive restarted now already a few times and it seems the problem is solved, now i can play apex as before Standard smile thanks again for your help and your time Kent!

Message 6 of 17 (15,910 Views)

Community Manager

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear it's working for you now. Thumbs up 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 17 (15,903 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Apex developer! 

Sadly it is me again, with the same problem, the game was running for two days and its giving me the black screen again, just now 5 times in a row. I checked again all the steps i did the last time, it is not helping anymore, its really random that this black screen is happening. I need to cold boot my computer every time, im just worried that at one point my graphic card will get damaged or any parts of my pc. please can you check again what is causing the problem. Apex was running without any problems for nearly 3 months. After the Nvidia update on 6. january everything goes downhill.

Thanks for your time Standard smile LadySoley

Message 8 of 17 (15,796 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @LadySoley

I'm sorry to hear it's started happening again. Frown If you're only seeing it after the most recent driver update, it might be worth rolling back to an earlier driver to see if that helps at all. A more stable driver might allow you to play without running into any black screen issues. 

Let me know if you're still having the same issue on an earlier driver. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 17 (15,709 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Kent Standard smile thanks for your response, yes i have tried this already, i installed an older driver, someone else posted a similar issue so i tried a few things out before i made the posts. I really dont know what else i can do anymore. I appreciate every suggestion!

Thanks for your time LadySoley

Message 10 of 17 (15,674 Views)