Re: Apex cant update or download

by KuroMaid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex cant update or download

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, id like to ask about my update. So i just recently back to play apex but it wont update, so i decided to repair the game, but it doesnt work too. It did downloading at the start but suddenly my connection speed drops to 0. After that i try to reinstall Apex, and the same thing happens. The download goes well at the start, but my connection speed suddenly drops to 0 again, while i still can use it to do another thing, please help

Message 1 of 8 (2,201 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice
Message 8 of 8 (2,006 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @KuroMaid

Sometimes that means Origin is actually writing to the disk rather than downloading data. I see it sometimes on my own PC as well. If the download speed drops all the way to zero, I'd recommend leaving it alone for a bit and see if it picks back up. It should start downloading more data once it finishes writing to the disk. You may see it happen a few times during the download process. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (2,143 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent when the speed drops to 0, ive tried to wait about an hour or more, but it still doesnt change
Message 3 of 8 (2,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

First close Origin. Then on your dekstop create new txt document copy these commands bellow and paste them in txt document.

[connection]

EnvironmentName=production

[Feature]

CdnOverride=akamai

Then save as EACore.ini

Save as txt. document. On dekstop will apear new file. Launch Origin it will tell you to use new configuration file on dekstop press YES you have 10 seconds. You will be launched in [R&D] MODE. Now you can try to download the game. The EACore file will be deleted from your dekstop as soon as you import it! If you ever want to leave [R&D] MODE you just need to go to the location where Origin is installed and delete this file! Hope it helps you!Wink

Message 4 of 8 (2,107 Views)

★★ Novice
@AXiONMAMBAAA Thanks for helping, but it doesnt change, still drops to 0bps
Message 5 of 8 (2,091 Views)

Community Manager

@KuroMaid 

When you have the chance can you try clearing out your Origin cache to see if that helps at all? If there's a problem with the cached data for the client that may fix the issue. For more details on how to clear it check out the EA Help website

Let me know how that goes when you have the chance to try it out. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (2,029 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent If i may ask, when do i clear the cache ? Like if im stuck at 70, do i cancel the download then clear the cache then download it again, or how?
Message 7 of 8 (2,020 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just  cancel download and then do step by step like here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 8 of 8 (2,007 Views)