Apex always resetting video settings

by BrightFern

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex always resetting video settings

★★★ Novice

Hi there!

I've scoured thru topics, googled, it, watched YouTube vids but to no avail. I'm running a RX 580 on a SSD and the video settings seem to always reset to the lowest as possible. I know I can run this game better than that that! Any solutions?

Message 1 of 7 (676 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex always resetting video settings

★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Hi again! Sorry for the slight spam but I found a solution!

You have to go to C:\Users\<Whatever Your Username is>\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local

Right click videoconfig.txt>Properties then uncheck the read only box.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (613 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@BrightFern Could you share a DxDiag with us? Also if you try to manually adjust your settings do they not save?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (644 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hiya! Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm trying to post my DxDiag for you, but It won't let me post past 60k characters. I tried using hastebin as well. I'm hoping the attachment will work.

Message 3 of 7 (636 Views)

Community Manager
@BrightFern Thank you for sharing I don't see anything that may give an issue, Do you have any running security to allow Origin and Apex through the see if changing your setting will permanently save?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 7 (624 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Thanks for taking a look! I just use Windows Defender and Firewall. I'll take a look in those settings to see if Origin and Apex is allowed.
Message 5 of 7 (620 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Hiya! So it looks like I didn't have Origin allowed through my firewall, so I went ahead and added it to the last. Unfortunately that didn't fix my problem.
Message 6 of 7 (616 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Hi again! Sorry for the slight spam but I found a solution!

You have to go to C:\Users\<Whatever Your Username is>\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local

Right click videoconfig.txt>Properties then uncheck the read only box.
Message 7 of 7 (614 Views)