Re: Apex Won't Start

by Lumbis

Original Post

Apex Won't Start

★ Novice

Hi! I haven't found any post about this issue so I wanted to ask for a solution. My Apex Legends will not run.

What happens is when I try to click "play" it will load up the EasyAntiCheat intro but then just close without any error message or related. 

I've tried changing the languages, uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, Apex, and EasyAntiCheat but nothing seems to work. 

If anyone had the same issue and knows how to resolve it, do let me know!

Message 1 of 7 (553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem m8

Message 2 of 7 (498 Views)

★★★ Novice

Similar issue but I get the issue of "This operation requires elevation." When I set easy-anticheat to always run as admin I get pretty much your exact issue. Great to see that this "anti-cheat" program is keeping real users out of the game, but cheaters are still rampant. I wanted to finally get back into the game after a break and this whole fiasco has kind of soured me to it all. Not sure if I'll come back even if it is solved now.

Message 3 of 7 (489 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yea im seriously about to quit if they dont fix all of these things wrong with this game. Im sick and tired of a cool update coming out but so many bugs come with it and they dont bother to fix them until a month later. Right now I have the infinite loading screen problem which is making it completely unplayable. ive tried everything, nothing has fixed it.

Might just go back to overwatch if they dont do anything about these issues until a month later. 

Message 4 of 7 (475 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having this problem as well.  Ichecked permissions on the file installations and reset the ownership ( which was already running as my main user)

I then ran the Origin as Admin. So I am not sure what the bug is here. 

Message 5 of 7 (458 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey all I had this problem and did some google searching. I found a solution that worked for me:

I ran an elevated command prompt (Run CMD as administrator)

and then ran:

sfc /SCANNOW

as to verify system integrity. After that ran I edited the shortcut to my origin to run as admin and I was able to get in. Hope this helps

Message 6 of 7 (447 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is best practice sequence:

Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)
To do this, follow these steps:
  1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, do the following as your appropriate:
  2. If you are running Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, first run the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool prior to running the System File Checker.  (If you are running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, skip to Step 3.) 

Type the following command, and then press Enter.  It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

Note: Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference Repair a Windows Image.

1. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Message 7 of 7 (410 Views)