Apex Unusual Usage Spikes And Packet Loss - Help Thread

by tritab3

Original Post

Apex Unusual Usage Spikes And Packet Loss - Help Thread

★★ Novice

Constant and perpetual internet usage lag spikes that last up to five minutes and cause extreme packet loss and elevated ping.

This happens at least every match and sometimes more than once in a match. I at first thought it to be my internet, which is very slow or that perhaps I was having usage spikes from other programs. I of course decided to investigate to which I've found out that the lag spikes were in fact apex itself using an absurd amount of data in seemingly random spikes. In pretty much every other game I have tested this is not the case, including open battle royale games (CoD, FN, PUBG, Realm Royale) and other games with a large amount of players in a match such as mordhau. In any of these cases I have noticed nor packet loss or excessive ping even in servers further away than my nearest Apex server (Iowa - GCE1). So I did the basic troubleshooting: (flush DNS, clear temp files, increase page file size, using a DNS, starting and stopping windows audio, and pretty much all the other ones I could think of.) Because I have to use tethering from my phone to access the internet, there is no feasible way for me to port forward so I was not able to do that. Forum diving led me to nothing but dead ends and people with similar issues to no avail. i did find a few forum posts discussing the Killer Control Center for their network cards, but that is irrelevant in my case as I don't use a killer network card or a laptop. I use a relatively enthusiast PC build good enough to run any other games and I doubt hardware is the issue. I would blame it on Apex's terrible servers but comparing it to other people leads me to believe that even though Apex servers suck, it is not related in any way to this issue. I look forward to seeing any responses and seeing if anyone could potentially help me troubleshoot and solve this problem, thank you.

Message 1 of 1 (944 Views)