Apex Stutter (Plus odd UI bugs?)

by ISmashCupQuakes

Original Post

Apex Stutter (Plus odd UI bugs?)

★ Novice

So been playing this game since launch, enjoying it very much! Been able thus far to run it on pretty much max with my pc without any overheating or fps dropping below 60. Worked perfectly the first week. Since a few days back however I've been getting odd problems. First of all the anti-cheat.exe has been crashing and returning me to the main menu, even after learning of a fix via repairing anticheat through it's exe. 

I've also had massive stuttering when starting matches. The game freezes for a while, kinda like rubberbanding in most multiplayer games with poor connection. I have real good internet and no prior issues, plus all my other, way more demanding online games seem to be working well with smooth 15-20 ping. Even training suffers from the same issue, which makes the game flat out unplayable. I also seem to be getting odd bugs when entering games. Every once in a while I'll have a smooth game with no stuttering. However on ending, it refuses to exit to lobby and I have to terminate the game manually. Jumping into another game returns the stuttering, as well as showing UI, player counts, radar pinpointed on my last location in the prior game, all during the loading anc character select screens. Then the stuttering returns when the game begins.

I've reinstalled, removed all firewall blocks, repaired the install, repaired my origin, checked for viruses/malware, tested networking troubleshooting that works for other games, monitered cpu temps and useage, updated all drivers, even fresh repaired my OS. Setting changes don't seem to help either. Can't be a connection issue as I play with my housemate who doesn't suffer from this issue and plays with almost perfect ping.

I love this game, but I literally can't play it now and just want to find out what's wrong! As far as I know I can't think of anything else to try, other than to hope it's purely a problem with the game (Which is fair cause it's brand new) or maybe some odd origin client issues as I know Origin can be fussy and mess with games sometimes. If anyone knows what the problem is I would love to hear!

Cheers!

Message 1 of 2 (1,078 Views)

Re: Apex Stutter (Plus odd UI bugs?)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hai bro,

I assume when you mean all driver that also includes the motherboard driver?

Have you outright disabled or turned off any overlaying software?

So thats Nvidia shadow play, geforce experience overlay and discord. probably a few others out there i dunno about.

Last resort is a total deep uninstall of Apex Legends.

This guide removes files that are left behind after uninstalling the game.

go to issues relating to origin and apex and look up "dissecting everything from your system"
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Creator-s-Corner/In-Depth-Trouble-shooting-Guide/m-p/7472105#M165

I hope this helps Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (1,067 Views)