Apex S8 XB1X game crashes

by LordStarkXVLIII

Original Post

Apex S8 XB1X game crashes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello, 

Edit: Still not fixed. Was told by eahelp to watch twitter for updates, but there is nothing on their twitter about my problem. 

I have been on pc playing Apex lately, gave my XB1x to my wife, she has been playing on season 8 just fine on the console. I have been playing on Pc just fine. Tonight I tried to play on the XB1x and signed in to my profile and tried to play.

Apex loads to title screen allows you to sign in, allows you to press a to continue. Loads to the lobby then immediately crashes back to the title screen. Sometimes you can see the lobby UI sometimes it crashes too fast. Sometimes it shows my name above na empty space sometimes it just says player. 

I do not believe this is the same problem as the Season 7 post someone had. Because I can sign into m wife's profile and it works completely fine. I can even leave my profile signed in in the background my wife's profile still can play the game. 

Please help. 

Edit: So after successfully getting in on my wife's profile I then invited myself (which was logged in on the same Xbox) I switched back to my profile accepted the invite, and then I actually got  message saying that my crossplay settings are different than the hosts. They are not of course, but it was an interesting message, so I went into Settings on the Apex game on my wife's profile, the crossplay setting that usually allows you to enable and disable crossplay is grayed out with enabled underlined. Meaning I guess it's locked in enabled. So I think something in the last update changed the settings for her but mine remained the same, and the application is unable to handle this.

Note: This message still only comes up in that scenario of inviting and accepting the invite, it does not happen when I just try to load in myself. Finally, both profiles on the XB have crossplay turned on in Xbox settings. 

Message 1 of 1 (149 Views)