Apex Randomly Turning Off My PC

by wikkedtunes

Original Post

Apex Randomly Turning Off My PC

★★★ Newbie

Hi all! 

I've been playing Apex for about the last year or so, and in the last couple of months Apex has randomly been shutting off my computer. There is no real time frame or constant that I've noticed. It'll either last 5 minutes or 2 hours before crashing. I should note that this is not a new problem for me with season 7, it was consistently shutting off while playing season 6 as well.

Already did some different solutions and tests, including;

-Undervolting/overclocking my GPU and CPU
-Changed my graphics to lowest possible (but frames aren't an issue at all)

-Updated my drivers (I was on an older version before I updated anyway, so it doesn't seem to be a driver issue)

I would normally write it off on some technical issue I'm overlooking or some software bug, but it only happens with Apex Legends

The only other time I have experienced this issue is my PC shut off randomly while playing Minecraft with shaders.

Here are my specs;

Motherboard: Gigabyte B150m

CPU: i5-6600

GPU: Radeon RX 5500 XT

Ram; Corsair Vengence DD4R (2 x 16GB)

Any help at all would be appreciated, anything that would help or I should try as well.

Message 1 of 4 (521 Views)

Re: Apex Randomly Turning Off My PC

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Hey @wikkedtunes 

I've had this problem in the past too. For me it was due to the graphics card, which had a defect and caused the system to restart under load.

Make sure your power supply is working properly and big enough. Your graphics card itself could also be responsible for this, which is always difficult to tell from a distance. You could have a problem with your RAM. I would advise you to load the xmp profile in the BIOS and see if it improves.

In other words, it is not Apex itself to blame, something is wrong with your system.

Message 2 of 4 (494 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is happening to me too. Last month i claimed the Valk skin and this month the Revenant's and neither has shown up. My account says it is linked to both but it still isn't showing up

Message 3 of 4 (391 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MarcusMidnight

I think you might have been trying to post in a different thread, since this one was about PC tech issues. If you're missing content on your account I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team so they can take a look. 

You can find more information on how to set up a case with them over at the EA Help website. You can also set up a case with them over Twitter or Facebook as well, if you prefer. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (371 Views)