[Apex] Problems downloading, stuck at 42%.

by PoppySeedss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Apex] Problems downloading, stuck at 42%.

★★★ Newbie

It's safe to say this has taken three days. Me literally taking hours to try to fix this, to no avail.

So, throughout the entire downloading (of almost four separate times now) it would start up and within five minutes say, for example, 4% at 2.32GB/13.00GB with 0h 0m 0s remaining and I have to pause and unpause it again to have it now say 3% now and at 2.00GB/13.00GN with 0h 35m 42s, again just as an example. It would slowly start to go back to 4%, maybe even go up to 8% before going back to 0h 0m 0s and the cycle continuing.

It should be said that last night I tried letting it just ride it out while I slept to see if it just needed to sit there... After 7 hours, at least, it made it to 27% and left me a message saying it had trouble downloading.

So, I followed every trick in the book. I updated drivers, uninstalled every Microsoft c++ on my computer, removed every thing except three items in the Apex>_installer>directx>redist folders.

I even uninstalled orgin and reinstalled it.

So, I somehow, with lots of patience, and continued pausing and unpausing, got it to 42% and am trying to just finish the download completely so I don't have to deal with this ever again...

And I got so happy because out of pure luck I got it to 77%. I thought it was finally over!

But like everything good in life, it was all too short and did the horrible 77% at 7.45GB/13.00Gb with 0h 0m 0s remaining. I pause, unpause. It Jumps back to 42% at 5.45Gb/13.00GB... and has been like this ever since. It goes up, then jumps back to 42%.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Should I just give up and say "maybe this game just doesn't want me to play"?

sorry if this is hard to understand. I lack computer speech, but i tried my best to give the most information i can.

Message 1 of 15 (44,760 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Apex] Problems downloading, stuck at 42%.

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @PoppySeedss.

Can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 15 (44,705 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Also, have no idea why this is in the "A way out" area?

Message 2 of 15 (44,740 Views)

Hero

@PoppySeedss  moved this to Apex.

What platform are you on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (44,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@crinrict  PC, sorry I didn't make that known.

Message 4 of 15 (44,719 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @PoppySeedss.

Can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 15 (44,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

stuck at 42% nothing is happening tried origin safe mode downloading nothing tried clearing origin cache clearing nothing still stuck any help ?

Message 6 of 15 (44,224 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i fixed the problem by uninstalling all v c++ * and reinstall them. just type uninstall in windows search engine and then remove the apps with visual c++ and search in google microsoft visual c++ download and install x64 and x86 versions. 

Message 7 of 15 (44,194 Views)

★ Pro
To complete the post you need visual c++ 2010/2012/2013/2017 both in 32 and 64 bit.. If you decide to uninstall them make sure to get every one of these from microsoft website..
Message 8 of 15 (44,185 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a great idea. Origin, you guys are terrible. I've never had so many problems with a program before in my life. Just stop what you're doing (being greedy) and just go to steam so everyone can play and enjoy their time on the computer.

Message 9 of 15 (42,666 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I tend to agree with the former.

Stop wasting your time, Call of Duty Warzone is free.

EA's piece of Robotic Advice ( as you can see its an automated response) is to disable everything when rather it should be them configuring stuff to suit our benefits. Taking my pocket elsewhere man, I am done!

By the way, got the same issue

Message 10 of 15 (34,332 Views)