Re: Apex - PS4 freezes / corrupted data error / sound + model glitches

by SauceQuickly

Original Post

Apex - PS4 freezes / corrupted data error / sound + model glitches

★ Novice

Hi - since the last update I'm getting major errors with Apex on PS4.

Initially the game freezes on boot up on the Respawn logo (around a 10-15 second hang mid animation), and then proceeds to load fine. Once in a match (and on character screens etc), everything runs fine for a while before I get another total freeze, usually around 5 minutes into a game. Sometimes this passes and the game continues, but sometimes this error message is displayed: https://ibb.co/928Bsh6

When I'm about to get this error, I also seem to have concurrent problems with weapon models not appearing and also a drop in elements of audio. Music and ambient noises continue to play but gunshots, footsteps, and character dialogue drops for some time in advance of the freeze (around 20 secs).

I have tried power cycling my console, using a different connection, 3 full reinstalls/re-downloads, deleting save game data, deleting download history, and rebuilding the PS4 database, but none of these seem to have worked. My next step will probably be to try initialising my PS4 but I really wanted to avoid having to do that.

I was beginning to worry that this might be something to do with my Playstation's HDD but other games and system programs are working fine. I've never had any issues with Apex (or my HDD) before the last week or so since the most recent patch. For the record, my save files are on the internal PS4 HDD—I've seen similar errors linked to external drives so wanted to clarify.

Any advice much appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (307 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you ever fix this? Currently facing this 

Message 2 of 4 (246 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Message 3 of 4 (223 Views)

★ Novice
@10luispf yeah I had to do a full initialise on my PS4 unfortunately - totally pain in the *.
Message 4 of 4 (185 Views)