Re: Apex PS4 FPS drops

by karchkiraly1

Original Post

Apex PS4 FPS drops

★ Novice

I have questions about the performance of my PS4 for apex legends. I get a lot of FPS drops and I’ve been trying to figure out why for so long. I even bought a brand new PS4 pro and it still didn’t help. I watch people stream on twitch and their game looks extremely smooth compared to mine. (PS4 streamers) I play on a gaming monitor and one interesting thing I noticed is that when I’m plugged into a tv instead, my game runs really smooth which doesn’t make sense. FPS is fine but then I get input lag which is expected when playing on a TV. It’s really frustrating. I tried changing the fov, monitor settings, switching to ethernet, turning on boost mode. I have no clue why I get fps drops.

Message 1 of 7 (13,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@NostaIgikx wrote:

I have questions about the performance of my PS4 for apex legends. I get a lot of FPS drops and I’ve been trying to figure out why for so long. I even bought a brand new PS4 pro and it still didn’t help. I watch people stream on twitch and their game looks extremely smooth compared to mine. (PS4 streamers) I play on a gaming monitor and one interesting thing I noticed is that when I’m plugged into a tv instead, my game runs really smooth which doesn’t make sense. FPS is fine but then I get input lag which is expected when playing on a TV. It’s really frustrating. I tried changing the fov, monitor settings, switching to ethernet, turning on boost mode. I have no clue why I get fps drops.

It seems to me it isnt an internet issue as nothing is changing on that end when you're switching between the two. Sounds more like it seems smoother running on the tv because the tv is running some sort of Motion interpolation or motion-compensated frame interpolation (MCFI). It'll make it seem smooth, but at the cost of some serious input lag. Also, I would guess there's something needing change in your monitor settings that's causing you to see issues with the game.

Message 2 of 7 (13,467 Views)

★ Novice

thanks for the info, do you know what setting may be causing this? its so frustrating cause I can't ever play the game smoothly. and I'm a very competitive gamer so having fps drops all the time really sucks

Message 3 of 7 (13,439 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What's your monitors model #?

Message 4 of 7 (13,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem try changing your ps4 power cord directly to the socket instead of having it plugged it in an extinction or power strip

Message 5 of 7 (12,809 Views)

★★ Novice
@NostaIgikx Did you figure this out? I rarely get 60 fps and I'm mostly playing around 30 fps. I have a 500 mb connection and a regular ps4. Tried to change the fov, but no luck. Could it be possible to turn off fog, particles or grass movements in a future update for a more stable fps?
Message 6 of 7 (9,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah its really annoying how you cant change the video settings on the ps4 that would literally fix everything

Message 7 of 7 (7,443 Views)